BCM4323 KFBG
    TGO836 P11
    891221 01

FCC ID: K7SF5D705 1D
    ICID: 3623AF5D705 1D

bt4~# lsusb Resulted in;

Bus 001 Device 002 ID 650D:0321 Belkin Components

bt4!$ ifconfig Resulted in;

Not recognized. only my Wlan0 internal Broadcom card is recognized.

Notes: BT4 does not recognize the card upon boot with it preattached or not.

Question: How do I go about installing this Wireless USB network adapter? What drivers? What commands etc.

Please do not ask me to search forums. I have serched these fourms and the internet for over 2 weeks now. I basically found nothing that pertains to "how to make BT4" recognize your wirless network adapter. I am new to Linux, but am learning fast. As you notice the chipset is (bcm43xx) as it is refered to all over the internet.

(4 days later)....

Can anyone help me and tell me what I need to do to get this Network adapter to work? And doesn't BackTrack 4 beta have the necessary drivers pre installed already?

I'm booting from the Backtrack 4-beta DVD I burned. Any help and tips will be greatly appreciated.

7 months later.....

Just wondering if there has been any changes to "BackTrack 4" & the supported wireless USB Adapter Network Cards? I'm still waiting for an answer on my post here. I did notice however I posted it in the "working" when I should have posted it in the "not working" sections.

It should'nt be to hard to get the Dynex USB Adapter to work cause it is using a chipset of :

CHIPSET
    BROADCOM
    BCM4323 KFBG
    TGO836 P11
    891221 01

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Broadcom are generally not very well supported.
    But that in and of itself is not the end all be all.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

My LapTop has a broadcom chip and it works perfectly with BT4 beta. Just wondering should I try and start the network u first before I use the StartX ?

MY Dynex Wireless USB adapter is awesome, its drivers are a bit sticky at times, but overall I get a hell of alot better performance and optimized distances than Linksys adapters. This is why I want to use my Dynex. + using my homemade Antenna I have booste my +db levels up by at least +8db.

I can reach my barn accross the pasture alot better.

Is there anything I can do with BT4 to see if it could use or recognize my USB Adapter?