First:

I'm using grub as my bootloader. I have Backtrack3 on a separate Harddrive. I configured Grub and BackTrack3 boots without I problem. For the sake of eye candy I would like the Backtrack3 bootscreen to show during the boot process.

I did not do the "splash -s -f /etc/bootsplash/themes/Linux/config/bootsplash-1024x768.cfg >> /boot/splash.initrd" chroot command during installation.

I opened a terminal window and typed "makesplash" and in /boot there is now a file named "splash.initrd" However It still fails to show.

This is my Grub entry.

title linux
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz BOOT_IMAGE=linux root=/dev/hda1 resume=/dev/hda5 splash=verbose vga=791
initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initrd.img

title Backtrack3 Penetration Tools
kernel (hd1,0)/boot/vmlinuz BOOT_IMAGE=Backtrack3_Penetration_Tools root=/dev/hdb1 splash=verbose vga=791
intitrd (hd1,0)/boot/splash.initrd

Any Ideas?

Second.

I would like to have the kde options to Shutdown and Restart which was lost due to installing BackTrack3 where startx must be performed. Since I'm the only user I have no need for password security upon boot up. Basically I would like the Harddrive installation to mimic the livecd. where kde boots automatically.

Thankyou for your time.