Thread: Dell Inspiron 910 Laptop WiFi Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell Inspiron 910 Laptop WiFi Problems

Right I found this site the other day and thought it looked like a good o/s so thought a would give it a go. After installing BT3 Final Usb Version on my usb i fired that bad boy up and BT worked straight away but i had no wireless interface theres a broadcom 4315 in it but after searching about the fourms i found out broadcom aint so great and didnt continue that road. Ive had a Belkin Wireless G Plus Mimo USB Network Adapter lying about to thought i would give it ago shutdown the system plugged it and fired the system back up and to my surprise its seeing it as rausb0 but says something about WPA Supplicant is not started encryption cannot be configured the driver that i select it wext cause thats the one highlighted at the beginning but ive tried them. all any help would be great thanks.

broadcom, woeful at best

and it would be ideal if you could paste us lsusb output with that wireless dongle attached.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah Dude Here Is The lsusb output

Bus 1 Device 3: ID 0c45:63e5 Microdia
    Bus 1 Device 5: ID 0930:6545 Toshiba Corp.
    Bus 1 Device 2: ID 050d:905b Belkin Components F5D9050 ver 3 Wireless Adapter
    Bus 1 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 5 Device 2: ID 413c:02b0 Dell Computer Corp.
    Bus 5 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 3 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 4 Device 1: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 2 Device 1: ID 0000:0000

Ok so it has rt73 chipset, but why would it start wpa-supplicant is beyond my knowledge, maybe you configured wpa-supplicant.conf and that the device is in managed mode?

Just burned his ISO

Yeah the device is in manage mode not to sure wot that means wots the mode i want to be in likes ad hoc?

managed: client to a network where you normally connect to a router.. i.e. in general SOHO setup.

check with man iwconfig.

Just burned his ISO

right figured out how to change it from managed to monitor from looking through the fourms the problem now is that when i do airodump-ng rausb0 it doesnt find my AP, Were is when its in managed mode it finds it any ideas. Would Just Like To Add A Wee Note At The Bottom Sayin Thanks Too hatake_kakashi And To Everyone Whos Thread I Read (To Many To List Lol) Am Slowly Learnin But Havent Had This Much Fun In Ages.