Thread: Help installing Xp, BT3 and eventally Osx86 please ?

Just burned his ISO

Post Help installing Xp, BT3 and eventally Osx86 please ?

Hi Guys,

Historically i have really only used BT for pentesting and it worked great off a USB drive and i was happy.... Then i got an Acer One netbook and it all changed.

I have now decided in my stupidity that i would like to have BT , XP and osx86 all installed on the 120 gig drive on the netbook. This seemed like a good idea until i started and got completely lost.

I had wiped the machine and installed windows. which now happily boots.

I have (in linux terms since we are here)

01 sda1 in ntfs-3g Active 9 gb windows
    02 sda-1 free .03 mb
    03 sda2 hfs+ 9 gb mac os (eventually)
    04 sda-1 free Hidden 0.3mb
    05 sda3 ext2 9 gb linux
    06 sda4 extended 84 gb
    07 sd5 vfat 84 gb data drive

anyway - i have windows booting and working away , and i can boot BT4 from the USB no problems and it runs great.

What i want to do is install BT4 onto the HD and have grub or lilo as the boot loader to choose between the 2 OS's and then eventually install Osx86 on top of that to have all 3 OS's on their 9 gig partitions and the 84 gig data drive shared by all 3.

Anyway , since windows already boots , where do i go from here ?
    I have looked online and tried to install the BT4 from the USB drive
    it creates partitions called sda3p1 , sda3p2 and sda3p3 when i follow the guides but it doesnt seem to be what im looking for and i cant find the info on google or on here (yeah i have looked at several suggestions)

Im not sure if i should just wipe everything and start again or what to do , so all and any help or even pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

I hate to sound like a noob asking these things if they are already posted , but i did try and failed to find them , so ill take any little hints at all , i dont expect anyone to do the work for me , im just stuck and touching my way around in the dark with linux.

Just burned his ISO

Hmmm no help at all ? So i presume im wasting my time even trying this ?

I also just got an Acer Aspire One and I'm looking to repartition the drive so that I can have XP and Debian 5.0 or Ubuntu on it (I'm ok with booting BT4b from my flash drive). Maybe this is a stupid comment, but I didn't think you could have a single partition shared by all those OSs, since they all read different formats; I thought that each one would need it's own space for its type of file system. I'm still really new to linux, so I may be completely and utterly wrong.

I used to have the same set up BT3 XP and OSx86 on my toshiba satilite pro but the wifi didnt work for osx so i kinda gave up on it but i cant help because i pretty much followed tutoials that worked fine try searching and looking for the osx tutorial i dont remember where if found it. Also not to be rude or anything but isnt this the wrong forum to post this in? Good luck though

DRK

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the input guys - I have this almost done at this stage.

I have windows as the main boot loader (i know i know - sorry) with 3 options - Windows, Mac OS , Linux and a time out for 5 seconds to auto boot into windows.

If i select Mac OS X is points to a file in c:chain0 which then boots the Mac bootloader and starts OsX in 2 seconds for me.

I have BT installed as a live install on the last partition and it boots fine if i set it as the active partition , but i cant seem to get the boot.ini to work with it yet. The partition contains 2 folders - boot and BT4 , and i tried putting the bootsctr.lnx into C and pointing to that but it doesnt seem to get there.

Ill keep researching and see what i come up with - this should be the easy bit , but im afraid of messing up whats working at the moment.