Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: backtrack 4 on vmware with 4965agn card problem

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default backtrack 4 on vmware with 4965agn card problem

    i am running backtrack 4 on vmware 6.5 in vista
    so i have a problem with card. i have done all the things explained in packet injecting with intel 4965agn cards. but even i have tried ownload the necessary files
    Code:

    wget hxxp://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-4965-ucode-228.57.2.23.tgz
    wget hxxp://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2

    Deal with the firmware
    Code:

    tar zxvf iwlwifi-4965-ucode-228.57.2.21.tgz
    cd iwlwifi-4965-ucode-228.57.2.21
    cp iwlwifi-4965-ucode-228.57.2.21/* /lib/firmware/

    Deal with the driver
    Code:

    tar xjvf compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2
    cd compat-wireless*

    Get the necessary patch and patch away (there is another but was not needed)
    Code:

    wget mac hxxp://patches.aircrack-ng.org/mac80211_2.6.28-rc4-wl_frag+ack_v3.patch
    patch -p1 < mac80211_2.6.28-rc4-wl_frag+ack_v3.patch

    build the modules
    Code:

    make
    make install
    make unload
    echo "options iwlagn swcrypto=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/options
    make load

    ......
    it didnt help me
    because when i say after these codes airmon-ng start wlan0
    it says etco no wireless detected or like that.
    what is the way of doing that..

    so the main question is also about saving the ssttings inbacktrack
    i am using vmware and backttrack virtual version
    what happens if i try to install on hdd like dual boot

    i have done lots of readings but couldnt find a solution.
    hope to see you help me. thank you very much

  2. #2
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budabej View Post
    i am running backtrack 4 on vmware 6.5 in vista
    so i have a problem with card. i have done all the things explained in packet injecting with intel 4965agn cards. but even i have tried ownload the necessary files
    Only USB wireless cards work in vmware.

    All other wireless cards WILL NOT WORK!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  3. #3
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Only USB wireless cards work in vmware.

    All other wireless cards WILL NOT WORK!
    I'm telling you, big flashing banner at the top of the forums.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Only USB wireless cards work in vmware.

    All other wireless cards WILL NOT WORK!
    thank you for quick reply. but i have also airties w300 usb card. but it has different tnet firmware. i cant remember know. i have also tried on that but nothing happened.
    in vmware in virtual network configuration i can see my intel card bridged there, so why doesnt it work. what do you suggest me about the situation? do i need to buy a new usb wireless. so i use usb wireless card, will my own laptop card and usb card give any problems????
    thank you for helping.

    how about linksys wusb54gci? i am going to buy that stuff. has anyone tried it?

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm telling you, big flashing banner at the top of the forums.
    ....... can you shed some light why all other Backtrack verisons had this function working and not this one??

  6. #6
    Moderator KMDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budabej View Post
    thank you for quick reply. but i have also airties w300 usb card. but it has different tnet firmware. i cant remember know. i have also tried on that but nothing happened.
    in vmware in virtual network configuration i can see my intel card bridged there, so why doesnt it work. what do you suggest me about the situation? do i need to buy a new usb wireless. so i use usb wireless card, will my own laptop card and usb card give any problems????
    thank you for helping.

    how about linksys wusb54gci? i am going to buy that stuff. has anyone tried it?
    Just do a search on this forum. That issue has been discussed countless times already.
    Try to understand the concept of a virtual machine and how the network cards are working. Then you'll get to an answer
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •