Thread: I can't launch wifi

Just burned his ISO

Default I can't launch wifi

I booted from backtrack3 cd.
    I found usb view and saw that there is my usb wifi adapter which is Alfa AWUS036H but that is all. Wifi Asisatnt can't connect, doesn't have any wifi adapters. Alfa is turned off. I don't know why. I put Alfa installation cd in my cdrom and nothing... I don't know what to do. How to start cd?
    How to install drivers and do I really need them if Backtrack knows what I have .So how can I launch my wifi adapter?
    ok
    i almost fully memorized and understood how to use airmon/aircrack but still can't run my wifi adapter.
    I put installation cd in tray. I run it. I got error that "this operation died' or sth like that. So I copied cd to desktop. I found there .gz files which as I saw on google, are gzip files, so I tried -d to decompress and nothing happened or... I just don't know where to find decompressed files... or how to install drivers from this cd. Help me.

1) Avoid using GUI tools, learn CLI
    2) maybe there's not enough power feeding into the USB port, check the last few lines of kernel log after you have plugged in your device and preferrably after you have completely boot up.
    3) avoid using airmon-ng unless you are really lazy
    4) run what? what gz files?
    5) drivers should already have been included in the bt3 image so you don't need to go download your own set of drivers

Just burned his ISO

i got 12 usb ports and they all work fine under winXP.
    For start i will use airmon...
    still i don't know how to use my card. Please help me.

Is your card listed under iwconfig?

Also did you do what hatake_kakashi told you and checked the kernel log?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

let me check, be back soon