Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GNOME Interface

Just burned his ISO

Default GNOME Interface

Hi All ,

My suggestion is to about gnome interface ... it would be great if the backtrack 4 wil be released with Gnome interface ...or just a version that include gnome instead kde .... since it's based on debian and debian come with GNOME interface so it's looks reasonable ....

h t t p :// gnome.org

thanks by advence

Just burned his ISO

I would love to see this as well.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

A Bash shell is the only interface you need.

What do you have against KDE anyways?

Developer

Hate to say it but this is probably not going to happen. Your best of doing something like this your self.

Just burned his ISO

Default reconstructor?

I know there is a program called reconstructor that customizes ubuntu live cd iso's, but it doesnt work on backtrack ver well (already tried) is there a program that can edit the live iso for backtrack 4? i really want, ney, need, gnome instead of kde, and since i highly doubt it will be released by remote-exploit, would like to make itmyself. anybody know of any programs like this that are compatible with backtrack 4?

Quote Originally Posted by ansabhailte View Post
    I know there is a program called reconstructor that customizes ubuntu live cd iso's, but it doesnt work on backtrack ver well (already tried) is there a program that can edit the live iso for backtrack 4? i really want, ney, need, gnome instead of kde, and since i highly doubt it will be released by remote-exploit, would like to make itmyself. anybody know of any programs like this that are compatible with backtrack 4?
    Why not just do a real install then install gnome?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why not just do a real install then install gnome?
    How can he be a leet hax0r with kde? I mean running autoscan and zenmap is not kewl with kde.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

why not install gnome wm, install gdm or kdm and then get a menu converter to convert from kmenus to gnome menus :S
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Default how?

I found a script (forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=20795) (i think the url is right lol) on how to install BT4 to the hard drive. i have done that. however, i dont know the best way to uninstall kde, install gnome, and still have everything work ok. (also i would like grub instead of lilo.) could somebody please tell me how? konsole commands would be nice lol

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Hate to say it but this is probably not going to happen. Your best of doing something like this your self.

You got the best quote right above your posts here.
    That would also apply to your thread on the subject here
    Not trying to be an a$$ but as you can tell from your own experiments it's not that easy to do. As such if you do get it all to work then you could probably put up a tutorial for others to follow and could be like the hero of the day or something.
    We might be able to help out with specific issues but then again it may be a crap shoot.
    Especially with such command line driven tools anyway the desktop manager should really not even be a focus.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast