Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel 5100a/b/g

Just burned his ISO

Intel 5100 agn works out of the box on Lenovo IdeaPad U330. It didn't on BT3.

Just burned his ISO

That tutorial you posted in the quote was written by me. I just wanted to include that I added an update and tested injection support using the 5100AGN with 64 bit Ubuntu and it seems to work just fine. Even with the latest 2.6.27-13 kernel, you can still make it work.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by binded View Post
    nope i have a gateway p7811fx and it has a 5100 wifi link in it
    and it did not work either

could not seem to get it to see the card at all said it went to sleep like the other guy said

and i do know that it works in unbuntu used a live cd on it once to find out
    but could not get this one to work
    i posted this to some wheres else on the forum that this card did work after having played a lil more

some one was sayin that you needed to enable networking which was not the case at all for the packet cap and injection the injection seemed to be hit and miss though

Just burned his ISO

I had Fedora Core installed before.

I patched my iwlwifi drivers then with the hxxp://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-testing.git;a=commit;h=84e8e77f618f589316e83dfa1bf afe5a47bf0bd2 injection patch

In kernel 2.6.27.9 everything was working perfectly.
    While I tried to make the same thing for kernel 2.6.27.21 i didn't get it to work good.

Now when I am going to talk about BT4. I am able to run the injection test and get positive results. But after trying to associate with the aircrack suite, injection fails.

Using the wpa_supplicant helped me, but can anyone say why was aircrack suite association working before, and it isn't now?

EDIT: even with the wpa_supplicant the driver is very unstable.

Definetly need to work with the iwlwifi driver more before releasing BT4 RC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12