Thread: airodump-ng on bt4?

Post airodump-ng on bt4?

I noticed when using airodump-ng in bt4 that I didn't pick up as many networks as i did on bt3 final. It's like my cards signal isn't as strong on bt4 as it is on bt3. I did a test to see which backtrack picked up the most networks bt3, or bt4, and bt3 wins hands down. The down fall is that under bt3 my card doesn't support injection. I know I could patch the driver I just wanted to point that out to the team. Thank you!!

Wireless card: Linksy wusb54gc adapter.
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz intel Core 2 Duo
    1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

P.s I was not attempting to crack any ones wep/wap it's just I noticed it when I scanned for my networks that the other networks that usually shows up under bt3 didn't show under bt4. That could hurt the performance depending on your location when running test.

Just burned his ISO

no it has nothing to do with BT4 only with the update from Aircrack-ng from rc1 to rc2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiey View Post
    no it has nothing to do with BT4 only with the update from Aircrack-ng from rc1 to rc2.
    I thought aircrack-ng was just to crack the wep. What
    I was referring to is airodump-ng in bt4 doesn't pick up as many networks as airodump-ng did in bt3 final.
    aircrack-ng works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kid protocol View Post
    was not attempting to crack any ones wep/wap
    sure

you have driver mac in bt4, in bt3 you have ieee, try ieee patch aircrack (i think)

Quote Originally Posted by yop fr View Post
    sure

you have driver mac in bt4, in bt3 you have ieee, try ieee patch aircrack (i think)
    My problem is not with aircrack-ng. airodump-ng does not pick as many networks in bt4 like it does in bt3, or does aircrack-ng has something to do with airodump-ng scanning for networks, or could it be the patch for my driver?

Its just a general question.

Quote Originally Posted by kid protocol View Post
    My problem is not with aircrack-ng. airodump-ng does not pick as many networks in bt4 like it does in bt3, or does aircrack-ng has something to do with airodump-ng scanning for networks, or could it be the patch for my driver?

Its just a general question.
    download the driver of your card patch the driver (with aircrack-ng patch) and blacklist old driver, if your chipset is rtl8187 it's a good idea to patch (you have a positif power in your airodump and more efficacity with the driver ieee patch)