Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: apt-get update screwes up BT4

Quote Originally Posted by OutKasted81 View Post
    I spoke to soon. It finally allows me to boot into KDE but now it prompts me to tell it what program to open folders up with.
    Run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade again. Should fix the issue. At least that did it for me.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade again. Should fix the issue. At least that did it for me.
    running again update and upgrade fixed the problem for me too.

ran all the commands and such and the folder thing wont work as well, i tried apt-get update/upgrade and it shows nothing new to install so it doesnt install any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

hi,

i did the update ^ upgrade then i run that script posted by u purehate.. and loose control settings. but i setup package manager again and reinstal all installed software and everything is working fine >) thz.

Just burned his ISO

I've followed the instructions here to sort out kde (the control panel doesn't work still - but I think I've got a lot of kde4 packages in my install now) I'm cool with the problems there, but my wireless has stopped working

I'm running an acer aspire one - I can't connect (doing it with iwconfig) to my WEP-enabled home network, and airodump is just saying it can't use this wifi card. Any hints?

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb We R ❙❩➍Řж_☠_ᕨỔ₫€₨ Title:4pT*g3t~Upd4T3*IDEAS

First off I would like to thank the inventors and creators that merged "Auditor Security Linux" with "WHAX" and so Back |Track was born.I have been with you from the very beginning and now "BT4" for me is beyond comprihention Im speachless..All the work involved is astounding!

To get back to the subject at hand...This sh*t is for all you members that are having troubles with apt-get update/upgrade...
    1.)First off why are you trying to update or upgrade? "quote,If its not broke why fix it?"
    2.)If your trying to install new applications onto BT4 and your getting results like strings broke application cant be installed......there's a sneaky hacker approach and that is for every application out there,there happens to be what I call a mirrored application. Meaning for example ie.)If you want to install "ARK" like I wanted to the "apt-get install ark"-->FAILED so I have alternatives so I went with its mirrored alternative which is (ie.) "apt-get install xarchiver"--->100% so now I can unpackage tar. packages and zips and blah,blah,blah..
    Its just like for example (ie.) apt-get install xmms-->FAILED
    but its alternative (ie.) apt-get install audacious-->100%
    And to be perfectly honest you may need specific specs such as (ie.) apt-get install ark0.2.1<----might need the exact package to install.

I do not say I hold the correction for what you speak of.....But what I am saying is for everything you want or need there are different ways to connect with those applications or to simply download and compile programs without the apt-get non-sense...

If your unfimiliar with apt-get or a newbie find other alternatives for what you seek. This is my tutorial on that. I hope Ive reached someone somewhere with my suggestions.
    p.s. If you really want to update,just update that specific application NOT to do a full system "update or upgrade"....We see there are problems why test the waters when there are 1000's of alternatives to do and create what you want your only limit is your mind!!

We R ❙❩➍Řж_☠_ᕨỔ₫€₨

3695:1392:96610:00482:9164/rekc.ah

Quote Originally Posted by We R ❙❩➍Řж_☠_ᕨỔ₫€₨ View Post
    First off I would like to thank the inventors and creators that merged "Auditor Security Linux" with "WHAX" and so Back |Track was born.I have been with you from the very beginning and now "BT4" for me is beyond comprihention Im speachless..All the work involved is astounding!

To get back to the subject at hand...This sh*t is for all you members that are having troubles with apt-get update/upgrade...
    1.)First off why are you trying to update or upgrade? "quote,If its not broke why fix it?"
    2.)If your trying to install new applications onto BT4 and your getting results like strings broke application cant be installed......there's a sneaky hacker approach and that is for every application out there,there happens to be what I call a mirrored application. Meaning for example ie.)If you want to install "ARK" like I wanted to the "apt-get install ark"-->FAILED so I have alternatives so I went with its mirrored alternative which is (ie.) "apt-get install xarchiver"--->100% so now I can unpackage tar. packages and zips and blah,blah,blah..
    Its just like for example (ie.) apt-get install xmms-->FAILED
    but its alternative (ie.) apt-get install audacious-->100%
    And to be perfectly honest you may need specific specs such as (ie.) apt-get install ark0.2.1<----might need the exact package to install.

I do not say I hold the correction for what you speak of.....But what I am saying is for everything you want or need there are different ways to connect with those applications or to simply download and compile programs without the apt-get non-sense...

If your unfimiliar with apt-get or a newbie find other alternatives for what you seek. This is my tutorial on that. I hope Ive reached someone somewhere with my suggestions.
    p.s. If you really want to update,just update that specific application NOT to do a full system "update or upgrade"....We see there are problems why test the waters when there are 1000's of alternatives to do and create what you want your only limit is your mind!!

We R ❙❩➍Řж_☠_ᕨỔ₫€₨

3695:1392:96610:00482:9164/rekc.ah
    WOW !! My eyes are bleeding after trying to read that.

In future, there is no need to use colours like that. It only makes it hard to read, which will in turn lead to nobody bothering to either read it or respond.

Just burned his ISO

If you lose KDE Control Center try:

apt-get --reinstall install kcontrol-kde3

this works for me

Just burned his ISO

Default Updated method to apt-get update & upgrade for BT4, which does not break kde and menu

Have the devs added the repo for kde3 yet?

If so, I think we are due for a new newb tutorial on how we can safely apt-get update and apt-get upgrade everything in BT4beta, without fear of breaking kde, as well as have to resort to the Menu Bugfix tutorial, which from what i gather does not actually fix everything.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast