Hello,

I currently have BT4 running off of a flash drive. I don't have a flash drive big enough that I'm willing to donate to the cause for persistent changes so I would like to do a HD install. I found a wonderful walk through that explains how to do this step by step, unfortunately I'm running into a hangup at step one, partitioning the hard disk.

The problem is that the drive I want to install on is a ACARD ANS 9010 SSD. This drive is really nice in that it can be run on a RAID controller and thus greatly improve it's throughput. My trouble is that when I look in the mnt directory all I have are hda1, hdb, live, and sdc1. hda1 is my evil empire drive and I would really rather not mess with it. I can run gparted and find the following:

/dev/hda
/dev/sda
/dev/sdb
/dev/sdc

This is no surprise, hda is my IDE drive, sda and sdb are the two devices for drives for my SSD, and sdc is the flash drive I'm booting off of. My Intel ICH7R raid controller currently has the SSD configured in RAID0, but apparently Backtrack is not picking up on this. I feel like this is because RAID mode is not enabled. From what I can tell the kernel version is new enough to support this chipset, which would be supported by the fact that that sda and sdb show up. My question then, is how do I enable RAID mode so that perhaps these devices will show up as one?

I've played with Linux a little but never with a RAID configuration. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's doing what it's supposed to and it is supposed to show up as sda and sdb. If this is the case, how do I partition them out so that they act like one device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Info:
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
4GB OCZ DDR2 PC6400
Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
Acard ANS-9010 RAID 0 16k stripe