Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Able to connect to my AP and establish connection to my WLAN but cant go out

Just a hint, use vi to edit a file, cat is not that conveniant

And nope, never used any other tools besides vi to mange the resolv.conf so I didn't use resolvconf yet.

Not saying that I or someone else knows everything.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Just a hint, use vi to edit a file, cat is not that conveniant

And nope, never used any other tools besides vi to mange the resolv.conf so I didn't use resolvconf yet.

Not saying that I or someone else knows everything.
    dude ive used vi and emacs a bunch of times but i am only editing one line of code. Ive also done scripting PHP and Pearl so i am not new to Linux Editors. resolvconf is almost an identical name as resolv.conf and is located in the same directory I got confused to which one you guys were talking about.

Just calm down dude

Well if we would refer to resolvconf as a tool we would have mentioned that.
    But by saying you should edit your resolv.conf it is basically pretty clear what is meant.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Just calm down dude

Well if we would refer to resolvconf as a tool we would have mentioned that.
    But by saying you should edit your resolv.conf it is basically pretty clear what is meant.
    that's why I thought I needed to install the program. So i can edit the nameservers through the resolvconf program

Nope, the resolv.conf should exist on any given Linux system which should do name resolution. The tool is just necessary if you need to dynamically edit your nameservers which is usually not the case.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123