Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: macbook pro hd install (multiple os)

Just burned his ISO

glad to be of service

i've been sidetracked for quite a while now, i'll see what i can do about getting back to posting the HAL config changes i made too. really helps with usability of the MBP.

Just burned his ISO

Hey there,
    First off, I just wanted to say your thread made things fantastically easier than all the convoluted material I've searched through online. Of the ~8 MBP install guides i've read through, yours was the most comprehensive and quite errorless.

With that said... i've completed the BT4 install, did all steps up to re-compiling the kernel:

make bzImage
    make

and rebooted successfully after adding the new image to boot and renaming the old one. However, when after compiling the 'Hybrid' broadcam Makefile, "insmod (path)/wl.ko" returns an error along the lines of "unable to load ...wl.ko unknown symbols"

My limited expertise yields this analysis:
    The only tar.gz available on the Broadcam website was a 'newer' one labeled
    "hybrid-portsrc-x86_32-v5_10_79_10.tar.gz"
    instead of
    "hybrid-portsrc-x86_32-v5_10_27_14.tar.gz"
    I'm guessing since the one available on the website is meant for only the BCM43(11,12,21,22) that the insmod won't work.

Is there a way for you to link/send the one you posted, or am I missing something else?

My hardware:
    Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo running 10.5.6
    :~# dmidecode -s system-product-name
    MacBookPro4,1
    Exact same chipset as yours, probably the same computer

Thanks so much for your work

Just burned his ISO

Does anyone still have hybrid-portsrc-x86_32-v5_10_27_14.tar.gz ?

Only the newer one is on the site and I can not find this one.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by jokinawa View Post
    Does anyone still have hybrid-portsrc-x86_32-v5_10_27_14.tar.gz ?

Only the newer one is on the site and I can not find this one.

Thank You
    google ... its a wonderful thing

http://ftp.pardus.org.tr/pub/pisi/so...0_27_14.tar.gz

next time search first ... it took me like 3min to find ... and i dont even have a clue what it is lol
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Just burned his ISO

Hi, I followed the instructions in the thread to install and finally have the wifi card enabled on my macbook 5,1. I however have a few remarks/questions.

I installed the latest broadcom driver (5.10.91.9) and not the version mentionned here, as it's not the same card in my macbook (BCM4322).
    After compilation I had an error message with isnmod (unknown symbol in module or something) and after a little search on google I found someone mentioning the module ieee80211_crypt_tkip, which i loaded and then the broadcom module loaded.

So, the wifi card is enabled but no monitor mode, and airmon doesn't recognize the chipsed of the card :
    Code:
    Interface       Chipset         Driver

eth1            Unknown                 wl (monitor mode enabled)
    Any idea ? Did I do something wrong ? Not like I really know what i'm doing with kernel modules

Just burned his ISO

Default Configuration of MacbookPro 13" (2009)

Hello guys,

Just to say I'm configuring Backtrack 4 on a MacbookPro 13" (5,5) and followed information from this thread to install (thanks for sharing!) and completed with this excellent how-to (no right to post link) to get the trackpad working:
    Code:
    build linux headers:
    cd /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.29.4
    make-kpkg kernel_headers
    cd ..
    dpkg -i linux-headers-2.6.29.4_2.6.29.4-10.00.Custom_i386.deb

apt-get install dkms
    wget h t t p : / /  launchpadlibrarian.net/24871974/bcm5974-dkms_1.1.4_all_test.deb
    dpkg -i bcm5974-dkms_1.1.4_all_test.deb
    modprobe -r bcm5974
    modprobe bcm5974
    Did not tried the wifi yet but fellows don't seem really happy with the bcm4322 :/

Just burned his ISO

Oh my hell LAGAFFE! Thank you. haha. made that so much simpler for me. Been trying to work through it for a while. lol. Thanks for the lil tut you threw together there. Much help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12