Thread: Alfa AWUS036H Vista problems

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Alfa AWUS036H Vista problems SOLVED

Recently I purchased 2 alfas and everything works perfectly with BT3. Ever since i bought it i haven't tried using it with winvista x86 until a few hours ago. at first it showed a lot of networks with strong signal including my brothers AP (wep) which my internet is connected to, i tried connecting but it cant, here's what ive tried so far:

Tried windows diagnose still it wasnt helpful
    Tried a new realtek driver = could connect but local or limited access only most of the time it still doesnt connect.
    Moved several places inside our house = still the same result
    Uninstalled other wlan drivers = still the same
    Tried the other alfa = still the same
    Tried my mom's laptop = still the same

all i get is a strong signal which i cant connect to. i even tried connecting to the coffee shop near us which offers free wifi access. (87%) but i just ended up with the same results. either local/limited access or nothing. I tried using my tplink usb adapter and viola! instantly connected to the AP with internet. i think this is a driver issue.

I know windows sucks a*s but if i would change my mom's laptop to linux she'd probably kill me. this is also the only forum i know that has lots of alfa users so maybe some vista users out there can share their drivers with me.

Just burned his ISO

well i managed to solve the problem, well i do think so. now i can connect easily no more limited or local only access, still experiencing VERY occasional dropouts which (GOD help me) i hope to solve soon, if someone might bump into this kind of problem what i did might help, its a long shot but it worked for me.

1. Uninstall old drivers, also in the registry.
    2. Install the new RTL8187L driver at the realtek website.
    3. Uncheck IPV6
    4. Qos Packet Scheduler
    5. Link layer topology mapper and responder
    6. then go to device manager and disable teredo tunneling and isatap adapters
    7. reboot

i know its like hitting in the dark but like what i said it worked for me.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hunter20 View Post
    well i managed to solve the problem, well i do think so. now i can connect easily no more limited or local only access, still experiencing VERY occasional dropouts which (GOD help me) i hope to solve soon, if someone might bump into this kind of problem what i did might help, its a long shot but it worked for me.

1. Uninstall old drivers, also in the registry.
    2. Install the new RTL8187L driver at the realtek website.
    3. Uncheck IPV6
    4. Qos Packet Scheduler
    5. Link layer topology mapper and responder
    6. then go to device manager and disable teredo tunneling and isatap adapters
    7. reboot

i know its like hitting in the dark but like what i said it worked for me.
    FAILED! the problem returned, and my old steps did not work anymore...sigh

Mods please kindly delete this thread. thanks.