Thread: eeepc 701 - undefined video mode

Just burned his ISO

Default eeepc 701 - undefined video mode

Hi anyone know how to set up the display so that bt4 doesn't give an "undefined video mode" message on boot on the eeepc 701.

It still works, but its nice to not have the prompt. I think the eeepc is 600x400 rather than 600x480 resolution and this is what's messing with it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mhackling View Post
    Hi anyone know how to set up the display so that bt4 doesn't give an "undefined video mode" message on boot on the eeepc 701.

It still works, but its nice to not have the prompt. I think the eeepc is 600x400 rather than 600x480 resolution and this is what's messing with it.
    There is a thread here on it somewhere, you will have to use the search box for it though
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

it is in your syslinux file, /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

find the string "vga=317"
    replace the 317 with 311

You will not get the prompt.

Would be nice to get a nice bootsplash tho, on my Dell, I get a purdy boot splash, on my Acer one, i get a bunch of text, anyone know of a way to get the bootspalsh to work when not using a standard resolution like on the acer on or eeepc?
    I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. ~Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by alm0stadm1n View Post
    it is in your syslinux file, /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

find the string "vga=317"
    replace the 317 with 311

You will not get the prompt.

Would be nice to get a nice bootsplash tho, on my Dell, I get a purdy boot splash, on my Acer one, i get a bunch of text, anyone know of a way to get the bootspalsh to work when not using a standard resolution like on the acer on or eeepc?
    Probably have to change the resolution of the boot splash image. Which reminds me, I need to rehack my e's bios to update the image, I'm not running BT3 anymore.....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69