Thread: Pico E16 at new macbook pro

Just burned his ISO

Default Pico E16 at new macbook pro

hey,

just got around a testing tiny little machine called pico e16. i will try this piece later this day in my macbook pro (unibody). now my question: is there any way to check if bt4 recognizes the card? Is there any way to let bt4 tell you if it found some fpga at all?

or do you have to manually use sth like aircrack/cowpatty and do a benchmark before you really know pico drivers are loaded correctly?

additional: is there any way to ask aircrack or cowpatty if they found a fpga without giving them something to compute at all?

best regards
    Joerg

Just burned his ISO

Joerg,

In my experience, the new Unibody MBP will NOT work with BT4 + the E16. I tried booting off the DVD with the E16 in the express card slot and the system would not boot. Once I took out the card the MBP booted into BT4 without problems. I also tried booting into BT4 in the MBP (off the DVD again) and once it was booted I inserted the E16. I then ran dmesg and nothing showed up.

If there are any other commands people recommend I try on the card please let me know.

Just burned his ISO

Yes, I experienced this, too. Tried with an "old" (haha) macbook pro and it boots like charm, also it loads pico drivers at bootup.

NOW: It seems to me there are neither FPGA patched Versions of aircrack nor cowpatty on board of bt4 beta.

Can PLEASE somebody clarify?

When I use aircrack-ng or cowpatty out of the box with the pico e16 connected
    it donīt uses fpga acceleration. Am i doing something wrong? Or do I have to do something first or are there special fpga versions of these tools hidden somewhere?

best regards
    Joerg

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    Yes, I experienced this, too. Tried with an "old" (haha) macbook pro and it boots like charm, also it loads pico drivers at bootup.

NOW: It seems to me there are neither FPGA patched Versions of aircrack nor cowpatty on board of bt4 beta.

Can PLEASE somebody clarify?

When I use aircrack-ng or cowpatty out of the box with the pico e16 connected
    it donīt uses fpga acceleration. Am i doing something wrong? Or do I have to do something first or are there special fpga versions of these tools hidden somewhere?

best regards
    Joerg
    There is a special opencipher project folder with the specilay patched binaries
    Code:
    r00t@infected ~ $ ssh root@192.168.1.137
    root@192.168.1.137's password: 
    Linux bt 2.6.28.1 #2 SMP Wed Feb 4 21:50:02 EST 2009 i686
    ++ WELCOME TO THE BACKTRACK LIVE CD ++
    [*] To start Networking - "/etc/init.d/networking start"[*] To start KDE - "startx"[*] To start FVWM - "bt4-crystal"
    [*] http://www.remote-exploit.org/
    Last login: Wed Mar  4 10:12:03 2009 from 192.168.1.193
    root@bt:~# cd /pentest/password/o
    oc-v0.7/      open-ciphers/ 
    root@bt:~# cd /pentest/password/open-ciphers/
    aircrack-ng-1.0-rc2/ cowpatty-v4.3/       picorw/              README               vfcrack-v0.2/        
    btpincrack-v0.3/     picod/               pico-wepcrack-v0.1/  software/            winzipcrack-v0.1/    
    root@bt:~# cd /pentest/password/open-ciphers/cowpatty-v4.3/
    cowpatty/               dict                    eap-test.dump           README                  startcowpatty.pl
    demo.sh                 E16LX-CoWPAtty.bin      final-wordlist.txt      startcowpattynofpga.pl  zapcowpatty.pl
    root@bt:~# cd /pentest/password/open-ciphers/cowpatty-v4.3/cowpatty/
    root@bt:/pentest/password/open-ciphers/cowpatty-v4.3/cowpatty# ls
    AUTHORS    COPYING     cowpatty.h  eap-test.dump  fpga.c  genpmk.c  Makefile  md5.o       sha1.c  TODO     utils.o
    CHANGELOG  cowpatty    cowpatty.o  FAQ            fpga.o  genpmk.o  md5.c     radiotap.h  sha1.h  utils.c  wpa2psk-linksys.dump
    common.h   cowpatty.c  dict        file_magic     genpmk  INSTALL   md5.h     README      sha1.o  utils.h  wpapsk-linksys.dump
    root@bt:/pentest/password/open-ciphers/cowpatty-v4.3/cowpatty# ./cowpatty -h
    cowpatty 4.3 - WPA-PSK dictionary attack. <jwright@hasborg.com>

Usage: cowpatty [options]

-f      Dictionary file
            -d      Hash file (genpmk)
            -r      Packet capture file
            -s      Network SSID (enclose in quotes if SSID includes spaces)
            -F card Use FPGA acceleration
            -h      Print this help information and exit
            -v      Print verbose information (more -v for more verbosity)
            -V      Print program version and exit

root@bt:/pentest/password/open-ciphers/cowpatty-v4.3/cowpatty#

Just burned his ISO

aaah thank you pureh@te, just tried the cowpatty perl script and it works like charm with the e16, i was wondering, seems like with the e16 you donīt have to copy the binstuff to the pico before launch, i can remeber with the old e12īs i had to load this stuff every time. nice. One question: Either I am blind or I canīt find the aircrack-ng compiled stuff for pico. In the aircrack folder under openciphers i canīt find the binaries.

best regards
    Joerg

Dear all,

to clarify: Is there a FPGA-patched aircrack-ng for wpa attacks on bt4 beta? I canīt find it.

best,
    Joerg