Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BackTrack 4 Installer

Quote Originally Posted by fallout View Post
    I installed using the 2.5 beta version with gpg, encryption, new user, and restore mbr.
    The application installed bt correctly and honored the restore mbr option. I don't see a new user acct and the gpg fix also did not work. I'm not sure how you check the file system encryption, but my fstab looks like a normal install and I don't see any encryption modules loaded into the kernel.
    yea, new user and gpg fix does not work on that version. i forgot to make them unselectable like the encrypted install. sorry.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Edited: I'm confused.

~ MaXe
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by MaXe Legend View Post
    Edited: I'm confused.

~ MaXe
    whts wrong?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

I made a longer reply because i thought you were the guy that harassed
    random people for no reason on some irc channels. Apparently i was a bit
    too fast concluding that so that's why i removed it :-)

Anyways nice to see someone making a graphic installer as it shortens the
    time, however i usually prefer to know exactly what's going on and that's
    usually why i do it manually mostly ;-)
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]

Good friend of the forums

MaXe, if we can only include a gparted on the distro (one that's working) this installer will reduce the threads on isntallation in the forum tremendously....
    kudos! keep it up bro!

Just burned his ISO

Hey I just wanted to say that little app is awesome. I got My tripple boot setup now with BT4, Ubuntu, and Win7

The booting from a CD always took forever and the usb was a good alternative and i still keep a bootable BT4 USB but this is much easier as i don't have to keep track of it!

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    MaXe, if we can only include a gparted on the distro (one that's working) this installer will reduce the threads on isntallation in the forum tremendously....
    kudos! keep it up bro!
    Quoted for Truth :-) Wasn't QTParted a part of BackTrack 3? (if that is the real name of it)

But that only handles formating and such, doesn't it? Though it will help a lot.

Hasn't someone made a (bash) script to do this yet? Shouldn't be too hard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678