Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Installer

Just burned his ISO

When im doing the apt get , i keep getting :
    apt-get install kommander-kde3

404 Not Found
    Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/kb9vqf/ubun...epid1_i386.deb 404 Not Found

apt-get update
    then download it
    else
    wget http://ppa.launchpad.net/kb9vqf/ubun...epid2_i386.deb

Just burned his ISO

i try this installer and i check only Real (unchecked :fix gp,restore origin. mbr) formated ssd with ext2 (tested ext3 too) remember to check /etc/fstabs for ext3 , ext2 ,raiserfs (what you use) installer pdf can help !
    and it works !!!
    thx SuspectZero

"manitou"

Just burned his ISO

+100 points to SuspectZero,
    Not only did the installer work flawlessly but he was able to help me with a seperate LILO problem I had in the irc chat. Good guy to have around!

i just tried it, managed to install kommander kde3 but can seem to get the backtrack4.kmdr to open with it, i do right click open with but when i eventually find kommander it does nothing. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mikem562 View Post
    +100 points to SuspectZero,
    Not only did the installer work flawlessly but he was able to help me with a seperate LILO problem I had in the irc chat. Good guy to have around!
    thank you. glad to hear it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by amsterash View Post
    i just tried it, managed to install kommander kde3 but can seem to get the backtrack4.kmdr to open with it, i do right click open with but when i eventually find kommander it does nothing. any ideas?
    i'm sorry i dont understand what you mean, can you please detail out the steps you took and what problems you are having.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

ok, so i found out how to do it, i encountered another problem, after install it doesnt go to the normal lilo boot screen, everytime direct to windows, im sure it wasnt this difficlut in BT2 or BT3 , i must be doing something wrong, i also made sure that restore original mbr was unchecked...

Quote Originally Posted by amsterash View Post
    ok, so i found out how to do it, i encountered another problem, after install it doesnt go to the normal lilo boot screen, everytime direct to windows, im sure it wasnt this difficlut in BT2 or BT3 , i must be doing something wrong, i also made sure that restore original mbr was unchecked...
    it seems that way as i have had lots of users do the install and lilo installs just fine. if you need any live help you can always find me on the irc channel.

on a side note: Installer V2 is in development. thought u guys might like a preview. it will have live install working, real install perfected and a few other nifty features

it may not be that exciting for you guys but this is my first real project so im berry excited

btw if you guys have any suggestions towards features i can put into the installer, please post them here.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Very nice SuspectZero

Keep up the good work.

A small request, if you could fit it into the version: encrypted installation. Would be a nice to have though
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Very nice SuspectZero

Keep up the good work.

A small request, if you could fit it into the version: encrypted installation. Would be a nice to have though
    i'll look into it. if i can figure out how to do it, im sure i can throw it into the installer. should be a cool feature to have

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast