Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BackTrack 4 Installer

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

SuspectZero, Yeah glad that you see my point in the matter.
    Now that it is explained maybe people will be more likely to work with it.
    Like I said I meant no offense in the matter.

As for the gpg key reference I knew that it wasn't bad in and of it's self. But I did not see the until now the reference made by KMDave.

BTW is that not Shaman_Virtuel's work?

Cheers
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

Just to clear things up, I know suspect zero from IRC and he seems to be a stand up guy, however, that in no way means any one should be any less security conscious. As is the same with any tutorials or fix's on this forum, use them at your own risk. If there is no official backtrack documentation on the subject than you can consider it community maintained and treat it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Just to clear things up, I know suspect zero from IRC and he seems to be a stand up guy
    you're just saying that cause i put out :P
    but in all seriousness, thank you, i try to contribute when i find things that are worth it. the only reason im not well known here is cause i like the whole live chat help as opposed to posting on a thread, waiting for a response, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael
    BTW is that not Shaman_Virtuel's work?
    hmm im not too sure about that because when i found this script previously as a bt3 installer script. (http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=16178) which lead me to the authors site. it was in a different language (Farsi if i recall correctly) which i dont understand. later talking to pure_hate he said that was the script to install bt2 as well so i just gave credits to the maker of that as well. if you're sure thats the actual maker, i'll be more than happy to give creds to them.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Well SuspectZero I'm going to go ahead and say thanks a million for posting this because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to linux and this made my life a whole lot easier. Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitepyro View Post
    Well SuspectZero I'm going to go ahead and say thanks a million for posting this because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to linux and this made my life a whole lot easier. Thanks so much!!!
    for sure. if you could please post the results of the install that would be very helpful to me.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

yeah no problem, I'm trying to format my SD Card right now and set it up by changing some settings on the linuxsys.cfg file to work on my HP Mini. I will go and try to install this after I get this all setup and post my results for you.

a user on irc (Manitou) found a bug in the liloconfig so i fixed that and updated the link to a new version. if you have used this for a successfull install please post the results as other users need to know whether this works or not. thank you.

The download link you gave on the first post does not seem to be available anymore. Would you please upload the fixed installer again so we could test it?

By the way, I can host it for you on my website if you need, just PM me.
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

Quote Originally Posted by M1ck3y View Post
    The download link you gave on the first post does not seem to be available anymore. Would you please upload the fixed installer again so we could test it?

By the way, I can host it for you on my website if you need, just PM me.
    sorry about that. turns out something was wrong with my account -_-
    in any case, i finally figured out how to use sourceforge so i uploaded the file there. enjoy.

Sorry for your account... Thanks, I'll test it and report feedback.
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast