Thread: Why is BT4 going to be Ubuntu based?

Hybrid View

Default Why is BT4 going to be Ubuntu based?

I'm just curious how this decision was made? What was OS was BT and BT2 based on? Wasn't BT2 slackware based? If so, why is BT moving to Ubuntu? Political? Slackware is nice, transparent, reliable, old school, and very stable. Why would BT want to move to Ubuntu?

I'm not flaming, just curious what the core reasons are for moving from slackware to ubuntu.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post
    I'm just curious how this decision was made? What was OS was BT and BT2 based on? Wasn't BT2 slackware based? If so, why is BT moving to Ubuntu? Political? Slackware is nice, transparent, reliable, old school, and very stable. Why would BT want to move to Ubuntu?

I'm not flaming, just curious what the core reasons are for moving from slackware to ubuntu.
    I'm fairly certain that this was covered in their Blog, as well as in at least one thread here.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by drakoth777 View Post

Here is a thread on this topic as well: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=20176