Thread: BCM 4328 problem + another large problem

Just burned his ISO

Default BCM 4328 problem + another large problem

Hello,
    I am sorry for my noobyness but i have exhausted myself looking around google for too many hours its time to ask the experts.
    Firstly: I have looked at so many posts here and everywhere about the broadcomm 43xx cards. I have a 4328 and got it working via ndiswrapper BUT i cannot monitor in airmon. I read that this was just a fact of life but then something about a patch that allowed you to monitor, please someone help me out on this how can i get my dell wireless bcm4328 to monitor in airmon, Please please do not link me to the forum where one dude is saying he just got his 43xx to work injection because it has no guide on how he actually did it.

Secondly, very nooby question but i end my sessions and shutdown after using BT3 BUT when i logged back in my shite from last session was still open and i have an error preventing me from doing anything how do i reset this to a new session when i load BT?
    Thankyou so very much, i really hope someone has an answer will make me feel a little better about my wasted night :/ at least i learnt how to get slapt-get working though :P

1) ndiswrapper or broadcom's linux_sta driver will never work with aircrack-ng suite, its been documented over and over again. Your chipset is not supported natively and it will not monitor or inject.

2) not sure on how to solve that.

Its in the kde sessions option.

In the KDE menu :

System --> Settings ->KDE Components -> Session manager.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks muts but its frozen i boot to a frozen backtrack? how do i reset the session without going into it?

"frozen" is not descriptive enough to be able to help.

Come back when you can describe the problem in technical terms. Check error logs, etc.

If all else fails :

mv /root/.kde3 /root/kde-backup
    and restart KDE.

Just burned his ISO

bcm4328 will go into monitor mode with broadcom's linux_sta module or the wl driver that's in Ubuntu's kernels. It wont inject however.

Only problem is the sta module wont compile (Gives an unknown symbol error when modprobing after make) and the wl driver isnt included in BT's kernel.

Those of us trying to get bcm4328 to work are kinda up the creek. It's the card built into my laptop and Id like to use it as the secondary monitor to my Netgear WG111 which is injecting.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    bcm4328 will go into monitor mode with broadcom's linux_sta module or the wl driver that's in Ubuntu's kernels. It wont inject however.

Only problem is the sta module wont compile (Gives an unknown symbol error when modprobing after make) and the wl driver isnt included in BT's kernel.

Those of us trying to get bcm4328 to work are kinda up the creek. It's the card built into my laptop and Id like to use it as the secondary monitor to my Netgear WG111 which is injecting.
    i've gotten the linux_sta driver to compile and load in bt4 on my macbook pro. i only see the unknown symbol error you see when i haven't run

Code:
    modprobe ieee80211_crypt_tkip
    before modprobing wl

now, with that said, it wasn't as easy as just loading wl for me. i had to recompile the bt4 kernel to make ssb a loadable module instead of statically linked because ssb will grab the interface before wl can get to it.

i just got it working now

i'll put together a howto soon and post...