Thread: bt3 dosent see any wireless card

Just burned his ISO

Default bt3 dosent see any wireless card

I am using a dlink dwl-g510 ver b2 which seems to be supported yet iwconfig does not show anything but the loopback address and eth0 but not my catd.

I've been using ubuntu for a while now so im not totally noobish to linux but I've never came across this issue, I've searched the forum quite a bit with no help, any suggestions?

Just burned his ISO

I read it before posting, it states it works...

Is the module loaded?

Just burned his ISO

Ptobably not, I'm new to backtrack heh, probably a noobish mistake, where do I go from here? And by the way I purchaced a netgear wpn311 today, supposed to work put of the box and I'm running into the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by T.mccoy89 View Post
    Ptobably not, I'm new to backtrack heh, probably a noobish mistake, where do I go from here? And by the way I purchaced a netgear wpn311 today, supposed to work put of the box and I'm running into the same issue
    What is the output of "lsmod"?

Default try...

Quote Originally Posted by T.mccoy89 View Post
    Did you try... the backtrack wikis list of supported wireless cards and dongles? Sorry for no link but I'm on my G1. It seems firmware 2.0-5.0 work and everything after that won't be put into monitor mode .. I could be wrong or confused though. So yeah check that firmware.. btw I'm talking about ur dlink idk about the neatgear. Goodluck dude .. been there done that

Just burned his ISO

actually i was using MY g1 to look at the HCL while i was at CompUSA and verified it works, so at this point doing a bit more research its because im using vmware and also because i am an idiot, ill install it on a flash drive or possibly my hdd and give it another go around, thanks everyone