Thread: gpsdrive

Junior Member imported_apprentice's Avatar

Default gpsdrive

hey guys alot of people are wardriving and would be great if there was a gps mapping program like gpsdive or something similar

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice View Post
    hey guys alot of people are wardriving and would be great if there was a gps mapping program like gpsdive or something similar
    Code:
    apt-get install gpsdrive
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Haha, Barry! I remember how I tried to compile that damn thing on BT3, but I never managed. Now I can just apt-get it and enjoy.
    I have the card in me head, but you have the memory problems?

Quote Originally Posted by xCPPx View Post
    Haha, Barry! I remember how I tried to compile that damn thing on BT3, but I never managed. Now I can just apt-get it and enjoy.
    The biggest problem will be the newer gpsdrive's gpsd is slightly broken and doesn't play well with kismet.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Regarding the comments within the posts in this sub-forum suggesting simply using apt-get to install requested tools, please remember the purpose of this sub-forum is to request ideas of tools to include within the BT4 iso.
    Of course, tools not making it into the iso can always be self-installed at a later time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Regarding the comments within the posts in this sub-forum suggesting simply using apt-get to install requested tools, please remember the purpose of this sub-forum is to request ideas of tools to include within the BT4 iso.
    Of course, tools not making it into the iso can always be self-installed at a later time.

Thanks
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sorry.

It's not aimed specifically at you (or anyone)

It just looks to be a trend through the first posts within this sub-forum and I don't want members to feel discouraged from making requests

Thanks for the constructive comment on gpsd though... I, for one, wasn't aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    It's not aimed specifically at you (or anyone)

It just looks to be a trend through the first posts within this sub-forum and I don't want members to feel discouraged from making requests

Thanks for the constructive comment on gpsd though... I, for one, wasn't aware of that.
    It's a problem with the built in gpsd in the newer versions of gpsdrive. By itself it works just fine, but kismet has issues with it. I have a copy of an older gpsd that works, but at the moment I don't know which version it is. thePrez might know.

Developer

I would like to add a few things:

If the tool is in apt we still need to know because we create a .deb package which contains a link to the original package and also contains a proper menu link for the backtrack menu.

If there is a tool you want and it is not available via apt we need to know that as well. Your tool request may not make it onto the bt4 .iso however we are going to add lots of extra and optional things to our repo which are not otherwise available except from source.