Thread: Request for arp-scan tool

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Request for arp-scan tool

Could you please add arp-scan to BT4? This is an ARP scanning and fingerprinting tool. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but a google for "arp-scan" should find it.

It is available as a source tarball. There are also binary packages for Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and probably others.

I find this invaluable for quickly identifying live hosts on the local LAN, detecting hosts that don't offer network services like firewalls, and fingerprinting systems that can't easily be fingerprinted in other ways.

Why not just using apt-get to install it?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Yes, you could install it with apt-get, as it's in the Ubuntu and Debian repositories.

My question was whether it should be included in the tools on the ISO, as I find it useful (but am perhaps a bit biased as I wrote it) and a lot of my pentesting colleagues use it as well.

For me it's an essential tool for network enumeration when performing an onsite pentest.

Default arpscan

you can use the arpscan (discover hosts) in ettercap.

Regarding the comments within the posts in this sub-forum suggesting simply using apt-get to install requested tools, please remember the purpose of this sub-forum is to request ideas of tools to include within the BT4 iso.
    Of course, tools not making it into the iso can always be self-installed at a later time.

Thanks