Thread: knetwork manager not workin

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default knetwork manager not workin

hi, i have BT4 running from DVD, but for some reason knetwork manager doesnt want to open at all. I connected using konsole, but that is kind of a pain. any ideas on why it wont run? I've been looking for a solution for a couple days and havent come across the answer yet. if it's in these forums and i overlooked it a link would be great. thanks in advance for any help.

edit: So I found out that once i connected it starts the "artsd" process which is the sound system. so for anyone else having this problem... just go to Menu/system/settings/sound & multimedia/sound system and disable it and then connect to whatever network. works perfect. no more laggy behavior. thanks for the response by the way mucho appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by critterah View Post
    hi, i have BT4 running from DVD, but for some reason knetwork manager doesnt want to open at all. I connected using konsole, but that is kind of a pain. any ideas on why it wont run? I've been looking for a solution for a couple days and havent come across the answer yet. if it's in these forums and i overlooked it a link would be great. thanks in advance for any help.
    did u try "/etc/init.d/NetworkManager start" command in konsole?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Haha. I realized that right after I posted but now once I connect my comp suddenly begins acting very laggy all together. It doesn't do this when I manually connect through konsole. :/

How do you connected using konsole? i am kind of noob and i can't connect using knetwork manager.. I cant connect to wpa
    I have an RTL8187b wireless card

/etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
    And the globe stays green. I create a new connection with everything, and it starts trying to connect (globe disappear and appear another thing)... But it cant connect, the other thing that substitutes the globe stays there, but it stop trying to connect a (Device: wlan0 state: Disconnected).

so if you can post the commends to connect to WPA I would thank you

Just burned his ISO

Default wicd Manager works??

Hello,
    I tried what you said, to disable the sound and then the Wicd Manager works.
    Why is this so. It seems so wierd.
    I hope this doesn't happen on the final release of BT4.
    Regards.