Thread: intel HDA audio

Default intel HDA audio

Looks like there's an ALSA issue with intel HDA audio. The kernel is built with the driver, and it works perfectly fine under intrepid, but there is no sound in BT4b (alsaconf is also lacking). Any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by RageLtMan View Post
    Any ideas?
    Yes. In Konsole type alsamixer and rise the volume
    Works flawlessly.

akaars... been there, tried that, using alsamixer/alsamixergui and kmix-kde3. nada

hatake_kakashi, thanks for the link - working throug the stuff on there to see if anything will work, i'll post results as i get em .

Looks like there's an ALSA issue with intel HDA audio. The kernel is built with the driver, and it works perfectly fine under intrepid, but there is no sound in BT4b (alsaconf is also lacking). Any ideas?
    Without trying all the solutions,don't put the HCL entry in Non-working hardware.this section denotes that particular hardware is not working at all,after all sort of testing & you are still troubleshooting the things,so its not appropriate section to post this problem.next time post such questions in newbie area.

at present still not working, going to add newest alsa when i get a bit more free time and see what happens then... however, without modification to the live image, it doesnt seem to work on the hp 1183cl

Just burned his ISO

akaars... been there, tried that, using alsamixer/alsamixergui and kmix-kde3. nada
    well... Not all Intel HDA are the same.
    On my M912 it is ALC269 audio chip - works just fine after tuning volume levels...

So i had to install the newest alsa-driver alsa-lib and alsa-util (manually though) and alsaconf is part of those drivers. Ran alsaconf, it set up my card, and voila - everything works. Given that we have the repo and package management, maybe its a good idea to add this to the repository as well as the final build of BT4? Newer drivers can't really hurt for something like sound, right?

In case the model information is important, cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec returns:

Codec: IDT 92HD71B7X
    Codec: LSI ID 1040
    Codec: Nvidia MCP78 HDMI

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

or you could try alsaconfig then alsamixer to raise the sound before updating alsa ??. The trouble with these cards is there's a few different manuf of this card and kernel drivers can conflict if you enable all the cards.

Raise the PCM volume to around 70 percent and then set the master as your main channel if not you can get distorted sound issues too.