Thread: Atheros Network Card

Just burned his ISO

Default Atheros Network Card

Hey, I am a bit confused about this new BT4 BETA because I burned to disk and booted it up everything was fine untill it came to connecting to a network so I tried everything different securities but nothing happened, so I tried Aircrack-ng I can crack my own network but still cannot access it can you please help

Cheers for all the help

Sotonhitman

You are being very vague.. first off what chipset and model have you got? if you don't know paste your lspci along with lspci -n output here.

Second, are you doing this in virtualised environment?

Run the following:

ifconfig ath0 up
    dhclient

Sotonhitman:
    Network does not start by default, this is all over the plance on this forum! Do a frickin search!

Just burned his ISO

Default atheros wireless card

To start please forgive my incompatance with some things I am Very new to linux but learning

Now with that out the way let me start with saying I having a Atheros AR242x 802.11abg wireless card PCI express adapter (rev 01)

I can see that BT4 has found the card but when I try to connect to my router it never connects I have tried everything I know. BT3 worked just fine. Any help would be great. would hate to go to ubuntu now with BT4 just getting good. Thanks again for the help and to the team that put BT together

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lodk66 View Post
    would hate to go to ubuntu now with BT4 just getting good. Thanks again for the help and to the team that put BT together
    What does that mean? The distro is just getting good or you are just getting good with the distro?
    Either way , if you can't connect with your card then there is not much "good" yet.
    Did you try this
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/networking start
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re Card

Quote Originally Posted by lodk66 View Post
    To start please forgive my incompatance with some things I am Very new to linux but learning

Now with that out the way let me start with saying I having a Atheros AR242x 802.11abg wireless card PCI express adapter (rev 01)

I can see that BT4 has found the card but when I try to connect to my router it never connects I have tried everything I know. BT3 worked just fine. Any help would be great. would hate to go to ubuntu now with BT4 just getting good. Thanks again for the help and to the team that put BT together
    My card is working I hooked up to a hard line from my router updated madwifi and all was fine thanks for the advice and if i skimmped on the info. It is because I am still learning and I try to tackle the problems by trying not asking???/ Now I am working on my touchpad need to make it stop tapping any info on that would be helpful. Thanks