Thread: Broadcom BCM 4322

Just burned his ISO

Default Broadcom BCM 4322

Hello, I'm trying to get my wireless card up and running but unfortunately I'm having issues. I've read the wiki and saw that my specific card is not supported by the b43 driver. Is there any other recent options besides Broadcoms sta driver that anyone might know of? Is it possible if anyone has some free time to jot down a quick installation guide for Broadcoms sta driver if no other drivers are out there? I would appreciate any help

Default research

A number of us are pleased to help with your query. However we need more information.

This link provides basic outlines for your guidance:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

Broadcom are reluctant to share driver information per se. Over the years reverse engineering has enabled their use on linux OSs (and BSDs). Hoever such work infrequently provides all support and use of these chips for anything other than elementary communication is variable.

Having said that, there are favourable reports for earlier chips.

You might consider purchasing an alternative device.

It might be trivial to wrap it with ndiswrapper.
    Lux sit

No there is no real other way if its not broadcom's linux_sta driver. It was already written that if you were desperate, you can try their mailing list. They need hardware or labrats either way.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    A number of us are pleased to help with your query. However we need more information.

This link provides basic outlines for your guidance:

Broadcom are reluctant to share driver information per se. Over the years reverse engineering has enabled their use on linux OSs (and BSDs). Hoever such work infrequently provides all support and use of these chips for anything other than elementary communication is variable.

Having said that, there are favourable reports for earlier chips.

You might consider purchasing an alternative device.

It might be trivial to wrap it with ndiswrapper.

Appreciate that. Upon looking through the bcm43xx-dev mailing list, there actually appears to be some headway with a new driver for the newer chipsets coming very soon. Hopefully I will be able to test it once the code is all wrapped up.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to get my wireless card up and running but unfortunately I'm having issues. I've read the wiki and saw that my specific card is not supported by the b43 driver. Is there any other recent options besides Broadcoms sta driver that anyone might know of? Is it possible if anyone has some free time to jot down a quick installation guide for Broadcoms sta driver if no other drivers are out there? I would appreciate any help
    [I]no word broadcom b43xx driver in my lap top (
    when i start bt3, no start (
    i hope to help me.

bt4 work, but no work wireless card (

Quote Originally Posted by dv2815nr View Post
    [I]no word broadcom b43xx driver in my lap top (
    when i start bt3, no start (
    i hope to help me.

bt4 work, but no work wireless card (
    thread hijacking? umm read here first and be more informative rather than providing very few information:
    http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...roadcom_owners