Thread: VirtualBox fails to load vboxdrv - kernel-header problem?

Default VirtualBox fails to load vboxdrv - kernel-header problem?

i tend to use virtualbox to do a lot of testing and the like, using BT as the host system (its convenient since i use it as my primary OS these days), but BT4 is not cooperating. it seems unable to load or compile vboxdrv due to a lack of kernel-headers for the new kernel. Does anyone know how to remedy the issue, or at least where to get these headers? Thanks

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

lol I googled all day yesterday trying this and that, this fails for me too.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Did you make sure, that the kernel sources are installed?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Did you make sure, that the kernel sources are installed?
    I believe that was part of the steps I took yesterday, but still nada.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

actually it looks like installing the latest kernel sources available in synaptic worked. this is on an HD install and i had to reboot the system before it would actually function...

Can you give us a little HOWTO?

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Can you give us a little HOWTO?
    try typing depmod in terminal
    then /etc/init.d/vboxdrv start
    that worked for me. might require a restart.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Thanks, that fixed it.