Thread: ALFA (AWUS036H) help

Default ALFA (AWUS036H) help

I belive this might be a driver issue, but for some reason my ALFA (wlan1) will not detect WPA/WPA2 Auth. It will read all connections as WEP even though they are WPA/WPA2 in WA (Wireless Assistant). Although my built in WiFi can read it perfectly fine (wlan0). I guess i will have to get used to connect through the shell. =\

I am running BTA3 Final on a USB drive.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilk1 View Post
    I belive this might be a driver issue, but for some reason my ALFA (wlan1) will not detect WPA/WPA2 Auth. It will read all connections as WEP even though they are WPA/WPA2 in WA (Wireless Assistant). Although my built in WiFi can read it perfectly fine (wlan0). I guess i will have to get used to connect through the shell. =\

I am running BTA3 Final on a USB drive.
    Take a look at this thread. To sum it up, the default driver for the card does not support WPA/WPA2 in managed mode. I do not recall that it wont even correctly recognize the encryption method used, but at least you will not be able to connect to a WPA encrypted network using this driver.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default awuso36h

can any body tell me if the awuso36h usb can crack wpa2/wpa with bt3/bt4
    out of the box any help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by jackel View Post
    can any body tell me if the awuso36h usb can crack wpa2/wpa with bt3/bt4
    out of the box any help would be great
    The AWUS036H is supported out of the box and as it supports monitor mode as well as injection you will be able to crack both WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryption using it.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.