Thread: getting no data

Default getting no data

I've tried to look for the answer and havent found it. but im sure its out there somewhere

I can't get more data with aireplay for some reason. ive tried a bunch of different methods but none seem to work. I see them 'trying' to work but the data stays at 0. Some i've seen say "trying to disconnect the client"- what client? I have no client connected to the ap. Sorry ignorance is kicking in- try not to be too harsh.

thanks!

(if this is to vague tell me)

================================================== ================================================== ================

I have come to the conclusion with more research that:

1. I haven't a handshake
    2. I have no clients connected

What are the ways around this? or aren't there any?

================================================== ================================================== ================

More new information

I tried on a friends router too and could not get the handshake. when I run airodump-ng -c 6 -w ... --bssid **** ath0 it starts getting becons but thats it. my mac doesn't show on the probing list or anything. When i run aireplay and try to authenticate it shows up, when deauth doesnt seem to work either.

Im try my best in trial and error but still no luck.

So clients need to be connected huh? lol and i can't be one cause im in monitor mode?

i think i answered my own question after a few hours, feel free to laugh.

I'm presuming this is something to do with wpa and particularly tkiptun-ng? I don't recall wep requiring handshakes. If its wpa, its still very new.

now im really confused. I have been fallowing a bunch of different tutorials on cracking wpa and all of them use the aircrack suite. "tkiptun-ng" isnt something im firmiliar with. Is there any tutorials out there that are recommended?

not require a handshake? thats another thing all of the tutorials have said are required. idk where i should go from here.

Check the aircrack website for tutorials. You need to have an associated client to crack WPA. You can the deauth the client and grab the handshake when it reconnects. If you have no clients you are out of luck.

You can the deauth the client and grab the handshake when it reconnects. If you have no clients you are out of luck.
    ok thanks thats what i needed to hear! that would explain a great deal.