Thread: First time Mac owner, some questions with USB booting BT4

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default First time Mac owner, some questions with USB booting BT4

My apologies in advance! I probably bit off more than I can chew, but I just bought my first Macbook Pro Unibody yesterday and would like to be able to boot into BT4 from USB flash. I've been able to successfully do this before on my Windows PC, but everything is a little foreign on this Mac. So far I have my 8gb USB stick, downloaded BT4 iso to my desktop and.....??? Not sure what to do next.. I've done some searching already on the forum, but I'm not finding anything too specific to Macs.. Thanks for your help in advance..

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by phillyred79 View Post
    My apologies in advance! I probably bit off more than I can chew, but I just bought my first Macbook Pro Unibody yesterday and would like to be able to boot into BT4 from USB flash. I've been able to successfully do this before on my Windows PC, but everything is a little foreign on this Mac. So far I have my 8gb USB stick, downloaded BT4 iso to my desktop and.....??? Not sure what to do next.. I've done some searching already on the forum, but I'm not finding anything too specific to Macs.. Thanks for your help in advance..
    Not sure about that problem, but I can say if you have Uni-body construction, you don't want to involve it in a crash. They have a nasty tendency to bend the entire frame which can be costly to have to straightened.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Burn it to a dvd and boot it that way. Less headaches.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Burn it to a dvd and boot it that way. Less headaches.
    Yeah.. Sounds like a plan. From what I'm gathering she's a pain with the whole lilo vs grub issue.. The VMware looks like a headache for a novice like myself as well. Thx.

Just burned his ISO

Just realized I need a DVD to burn the image.. DOH!!

Just realized I need a DVD to burn the image.. DOH!!
    Yea, hate it when that happens. What pisses me off is when the image is like 100Mb too big.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69