Thread: aspire one|iwconfig shows no extensions

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy aspire one|iwconfig shows no extensions

hey guys first of all superb tools thanks to the developers n the contributors for Back Track
    i know u guys hav got many posts abut the wlan about atheros chipset but did evrythin i could n then at last posting this
    i have the backtrack usb edition final with the /changes/ mode....wifi was working fine until i dunno wht happened...it doesnt show up as even an interface is installed..i installed the new madwifi-ng drivers too thought tat might work but it dint..iwconfig says no wireless extensions avaliable...airmon-ng doesnt display any interfaces too
    but lscpi show these:
    Code:
    bt ~ # lspci|grep net
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)
    and ls mod show this:
    Code:
    ath_pci               261816  0
    wlan                  222960  1 ath_pci
    iegd_mod               31000  2
    ath_hal               254304  1 ath_pci
    thanks in advance for the help guys...
    p.s ifconfig shows up lo n eth0 which work fine..

look for ar5007eg madwifi with HAL, its available on their site.. or you can swap out for other supported ones.

Just burned his ISO

yup am sorry so stupid of me :-\ the HAl drivers were just below...thanks kakashi n mods can close n delete the thread pls.. ^_^