Thread: Missing wallpaper VM Image

Hybrid View

Default Missing wallpaper VM Image

Hey guys, ive noticed that on some tutorials were people have used the ISO file they have a background image with the backtrack 4 and the dragon logo and a blue whispy cloud thing. I dont have that in the VM Image i was wondering if i could get a link to that or is there something i have to do in my vm to get that?

Also whenever i set a new background it just resets to black after i restart...

Edit: Also i just realised this should be in bugs, not fixes. sorry.
    Last edited by MassAppeal; 01-16-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Missing wallpaper VM Image

Quote Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
    Hey guys, ive noticed that on some tutorials were people have used the ISO file they have a background image with the backtrack 4 and the dragon logo and a blue whispy cloud thing. I dont have that in the VM Image i was wondering if i could get a link to that or is there something i have to do in my vm to get that?

Also whenever i set a new background it just resets to black after i restart...

Edit: Also i just realised this should be in bugs, not fixes. sorry.

The first thing you should do is verify the md5 sum of the image as per the download page.
    I have a vmware image and I have the background. You may have changed it accidentally and did not realize it.

Sorry should have mentioned md5 sums match

this is the image im referring to http://www.backtrack-linux.org/wp-co.../main-page.png

ive seen that on the background of peoples BT4 i do not have it. I have the normal red whispy one with Bt4 but not that one ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
    ive seen that on the background of peoples BT4 i do not have it. I have the normal red whispy one with Bt4 but not that one ^^^
    Are you sure you downloaded the right image? Sounds like you downloaded the pre release to me and not the final version...
    Last edited by br0c07; 01-16-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Wallpaper can be found in "images" on our site, or direct link at http://www.offensive-security.com/bt4.png

Its definitely the correct md5 and its bt4final-vm.zip so i cant see how this is happening...

I think I just know what happened, do you start KDE as root or as a user you created? I just created an user and when I launched KDE, I also have the "old" wallpaper while I have the new one when I am root.

Quote Originally Posted by br0c07 View Post
    I think I just know what happened, do you start KDE as root or as a user you created? I just created an user and when I launched KDE, I also have the "old" wallpaper while I have the new one when I am root.
    Same thing happened to me until I logged in and out of root and my regular user account a couple of times.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by clutch View Post
    Same thing happened to me until I logged in and out of root and my regular user account a couple of times.
    Backtrack is designed to be run as root

I havent created a new user, i run as root so there isnt really any point in making user accounts. Its not a big issue, i mean i have the background but its still a bug i guess.