Default Broadcom

after
    cd /etc/init.d
    ./networking start
    it only show the lo and eth0 of local network
    then i serch for the problem:
    Code:
    $ dmesg | grep b43
    b43-pci-bridge 0000:06:00.0: device not available because of BAR 0 [0x0-0x3fff] collisions
    b43-pci-bridge: probe of 0000:06:00.0 failed with error -22
    Code:
    $ lspci | grep Broadcom
    06:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01)
    i run the firmware loader script at /usr/share/b43-fwcutter and
    test again with modprobe and ./networking restart
    and it is not working.
    iwconfig and ifconfig wlan0 up and the other variants with no results.

First portion of the code shows like there's a bit of irq conflict or something to do on the hardware level.. Maybe google could yield more results.

Have you also tried bt3?

first of all give us the output of lspci -nn
    I suspect this rev. 1 may be Broadcom 4312.which is not supported one.
    if the PCI ID return is PCI ID 14e4:4315 then this card won't work & you need Ndiswrapper to function it for connecting in managed mode only.

Just burned his ISO

I have exactly the same problem like described with the same output from dmesg, lspci

lspci -nn returns 14e4:4311

Does this mean this card is not supported? Are there some other workarounds than ndiswrapper?

Thanks in advance.

Just burned his ISO

I've got BT4 Pre-Final, and I had that same message about b43 not available because of BAR 0. After I installed the broadcom STA (wl) package, I had no problems with connecting to the wireless networks, encrypted or otherwise. I do have to keep running wicd from a command line, and then the wicd-client from the internet menu.

Google Broadcom STA for the driver page.

One problem I am having, is doing anything with the wireless card, beyond simply connecting and browsing the net. If I issue mode monitor, i get the set failed error and cannot use the wireless connection without rebooting. If I use `airmon-ng start eth1`, I can't reconnect without rebooting. Using Kismet yields the same results. Just about anything I do, I can't get the interface to reconnect. I think it's not flushing the routing table, but not 100%. Anyway, just giving you a heads up. That package will work fine. Just follow the instructions on the readme.

Any suggestions on that reconnecting issue?