Thread: Reboot with changes

Just burned his ISO

Default Reboot with changes

Time for a noob question,
    I am running bt4 from my USB stick and changes are saved on a 2 gig partition on my internal harddrikve (fat32).

Now when i shutdown using either reboot or init 0,
    You see the shutdown broadcast and then it just stays there no usb or harddisk activity.

I can enter things in the command but they don't do anything.

So either i am not using the right commands or it has to do with the FAIL message at activating swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbygail View Post
    Time for a noob question,
    I am running bt4 from my USB stick and changes are saved on a 2 gig partition on my internal harddrikve (fat32).

Now when i shutdown using either reboot or init 0,
    You see the shutdown broadcast and then it just stays there no usb or harddisk activity.

I can enter things in the command but they don't do anything.

So either i am not using the right commands or it has to do with the FAIL message at activating swap.
    Do you have a swap partition?
    If there is no partition formated as a linux swap either on the hdd, or thumbdrive it will always have that message. This should not effect changes or cause hangs on shutdown.
    Are you having trouble saving changes as the title of your thread suggests, or is the system hanging on shutdown?
    sorry your question is not very clear.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by otkaz View Post
    Do you have a swap partition?
    If there is no partition formated as a linux swap either on the hdd, or thumbdrive it will always have that message. This should not effect changes or cause hangs on shutdown.
    Are you having trouble saving changes as the title of your thread suggests, or is the system hanging on shutdown?
    sorry your question is not very clear.

When i shutdown or reboot i come back to the command prompt which you see during booting, i see the message broadcast from root shutting down now.

And then it just sits there never powers down never restarts and when i force power off and restart settings are saved.

However it does shutdown when not using changes.