Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back|Track 4 Tools Updater(Easy to do GUI)Tool

Post Back|Track 4 Tools Updater(Easy to do GUI)Tool

Hello to all the members & visitor to this forum.I have created a debian package for installing/updating the top-notch tools of BackTrack distro to make you stay latest one.
    this tool has been created in shell programming as back-end & I have used the light one GUI tool zenity to support & looks thing good.this tool will install the bt4_tu.sh.x file to /usr/bin & Pretty Desktop icon so you can invoke it from anywhere on shell & through desktop too it will create one folder in /pentest/BackTrack Tool Updater having shell file,HELP,INSTALL,ICON file.kindly pay a look to both INSTALL & HELP File.
    for working this you need a working Internet connection & zenity(Already with BT4).
    this is fully automatic tool & need no user intervention.so feel free & update your security tools on day to day basis.here is list of tools which will be installed/updated.

1.Aircrack-ng
    2.Metasploit Framework
    3.Milw0rm Database
    4.Nmap
    5.Fast-Track
    6.Nikto
    7.Inguma
    8.W3af
    9.Nessus-Plugins(register yourself for getting home-feed first & using for using this you need to have nessus already installed in system)
    10.Snort rules(Only version 2.8 support yet & downloading can be done with the interval of 15 mins after previous download)
    11.All(All-In-One Tools Silent Updation)

The attach file is debian package.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Install it using

dpkg -i dpkg -i bt4_tool_updater1.0.deb

remove using

dpkg -r bt4-tu

NOTE:This is Unofficial Back|Track 4 Companion Tool.
    Thanks & Regards secure_it

Just a quick question, would it be possible to include a update all function?

Besides that good work, keep it up
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Just a quick question, would it be possible to include a update all function?

Besides that good work, keep it up
    Oh lol. thanks for pointing that out my friend.I was about to include that in last moment but forgot.Updated to including All-In-One.

secure_it; Nice addition! Can't wait to try it out...
    Thank You!

Just burned his ISO

Hey guys,
    The tool is awesome, but I had one problem that I'm hoping someone can help me out with...
    I decided to use the 'update all' option and in doing so I replaced my madwifi drivers.. Problem being now my wifi doesn't work and my wireless interface doesnt show up when I run iwconfig or ifconfig. The only interface showing up is eth0 which of course is the ethernet connection.
    Good news is, I decided to run bt4 live on an sd card with persistent changes so if I boot into the live version it works fine. I'm wondering where the madwifi drivers are located so I can simply replace the files/folders on the persistent side with the ones on the live side and hopefully fix the problem. Can someone tell me where these files are at?

Again, awesome tool, very easy to use.

Thanks guys.

Another question along the lines of the Madwifi drivers, are you applying DijiNinja's Karma Patch as well as the other patches that HD made for madwifi? I know that this will be in the final build by talking with Muts and this will break several tools if those patches are not included.

removed madwifi-ng drivers due to patches issues.I m updating it for karma patch(digininja) & madwifi-ng-r3925.patch.more updates soon.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jsownz View Post
    Hey guys,
    The tool is awesome, but I had one problem that I'm hoping someone can help me out with... I decided to use the 'update all' option and in doing so I replaced my madwifi drivers.. .
    No offense but why did you do that?
    Was it the shiny buttons in the program?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Great work secure_it;

One request I have is for the addiction of a verbosity level option, so we can see what the updater is doing {file the xterm that fast track opens when running updates via the web gui}.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    No offense but why did you do that?
    Was it the shiny buttons in the program?
    haha, well, just wasn't thinking I suppose.. Anyone know which files I should copy over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast