Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50% done - Compiling .deb packages - From BackTrack 3 tool list - Anyone want them?

Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    There are developers on the RE team who are doing just this.. so I'm pretty sure a "No Thanks" is in order.
    Let's let the Devs/Mods deal with it if they so choose. This bickering is only creating wasted space....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    Let's let the Devs/Mods deal with it if they so choose. This bickering is only creating wasted space....

Just offering something good to the community

I consider that Dev's have put the tools after through-out testing & if they have not included the remaining tools ,the simple cause of behind this may be some incompatibility and inconsistency.that is why beta meant for.I can wait for Final release where more tools will be introduce and not every pen-tester uses all the tools.let the dev's decide which tools would be there & I don't think you have taken such permissions from them.

If anything, offer to help beta test / bug hunt the distro - this would be more beneficial to everyone.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

If anything, offer to help beta test / bug hunt the distro - this would be more beneficial to everyone.
    Great recommendation, and as it has been stated before, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Put your tenacity towards helping the devs test out the tools, if they so invite you....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

I like the initiative, but I'm sure the devs are already moving most apps over to BT4. The beta was just a snapshot what was in it at that time, who knows what's been added in the mean time?

The last few posts have been confusing.

Are you talking about my distro, or BackTrack?

I'd be happy to help in anyway possible.

Citruspers: Perhaps by giving them my .deb, I'd save them a little time

Interested in seeing how this will end up...

Panarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Panarchy View Post
    Well to be exact, the BackTrack team is reinventing the wheel I've already created!

All I was offering, is that if there are any tools left unpackaged, that I have most likely already packaged them, so I am offering them to the BackTrack team.

For free.

Panarchy
    Ours is already released, yours is currently at 50% according to your own comments, how are we reinventing the wheel you've created?

The trust of our distro is based on years of international public recognition of our product AND our developers/creators, including being rated the #1 pentesting distro in the world on more than one occasion, developers speaking at major conferences around the world, being published countless times in high-tech computer publications, and offering years of training to the international public. You are unknown, a self proclaimed anonymous repackager, where's the trust in that?

It's EXTREMELY poor taste to come into our forums to promote your copycat efforts, even going so far as to use the BackTrack name in your promotions. However, if you're sincere in your offer to contribute to the project you should email the developers and identify yourself and make your offer. You're not likely to be considered as long as you're anonymous, how can we trust anyone in that situation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12