Thread: Rtl8187se eeepc 701sd

Just burned his ISO

Default Rtl8187se eeepc 701sd

Hello all, just registering to confirm what most 701SD owners would suspect; bt4-beta does not include drivers for the RTL8187SE. I believe msi wind users will be in the same boat.

Incidentally, there was an rtl8187se.lzm floating around the interwebs which allegedly worked with bt3. From my experience that doesn't work either.
    I set it to monitor then did an airodump with no AP's detected channel hopping or not.

If that wasn't bad enough, the included card (AW-GE703) in the 701SD is a *very* skinny card. I actually had a Atheros AR5BXB6 lying around that wouldn't fit

The HCL needs to be crystal clear stating NOT to get a 701SD. I missed that subtle point reading that list BEFORE I bought it

Well first off, the wiki hardly got any attention that was updated, people just post the questions (if not the same questions that has already been answered before, or that its already noted on the wiki). It has been a problem ever since bt3b came out. What can I say, ignorance is bliss.. I have tried to update it whenever I can but the amount of new articles and what not that gets published gives me extra work and I alone can't update it all the time. Right now I focus mainly on HCL:Wireless and at times I may contribute in HCL:Laptops.

Second, with the words skinny card, you're talking about pci mini express or whatever it is (I call it minipcie).

Last but not least rtl8187se is very new and I do believe it was noted not part of Asus Eee 701SD or even 701 but as Asus Eee. http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index...Laptops#Eee_PC

Just burned his ISO

Sorry if I came off critical in that post. It was more meant to be red flag to others to make their lives a little easier if they were looking at different models. I looked at that very paragraph and had heard great things about the eee pc's, so I didn't read the fine print.

With the wiki I think most people's first reaction is that there would be a select community maintaining that thing, so it was more a "shout out" rather than a "shout at". Hell I'd write the drivers myself if I knew the first thing about them.

The skinny card is indeed a mini pci-e.

Just burned his ISO

Can't post links, but this looks promising:
    Google "boskastrona"

I have tried this with no joy:
    Google "Realtek RTL8187SE Kernelmodul für Backtrack 3 [Update] "

Apparently someone posted this in the wrong area:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=20685

Looks relevant enough and you could try it out.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by mungb View Post
    Can't post links, but this looks promising:
    Google "boskastrona"

I have tried this with no joy:
    Google "Realtek RTL8187SE Kernelmodul für Backtrack 3 [Update] "
    anyone tried this yet?

RTL8187SE update for Intrepid (2.6.27-14)

i just dled BT4 been playin around with BT3 before on my Wind... Im quite curious i could not really see other problems yet with BT4 than the wireless... I might get an another card later on if this the easiest solution but with so many gurus here, i dont see it as the best option... I guess!

Just burned his ISO

Wink Hey i made this for you lol.

208.68.234.113/ showthread.php?t=22257

tis the answer to your problems

Just burned his ISO

Default rtl8187se

I have tried the coganijas89 solution with no luck.The card realy goes in to monitor mode but when you run the mode managed it is impossible to set a channel.It keeps going to a random channel and there is no way to make authentication or packet injection.You have to be really lucky to stop with mode managed command to the channel you want.I hope someone will find a solution soon.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by sotirisz View Post
    I have tried the coganijas89 solution with no luck.The card realy goes in to monitor mode but when you run the mode managed it is impossible to set a channel.It keeps going to a random channel and there is no way to make authentication or packet injection.You have to be really lucky to stop with mode managed command to the channel you want.I hope someone will find a solution soon.
    Trust me I have done it all with this card using the way I discovered. I can set the channel essid bssid, and packet injection.

Maybe I should be more clear in my tutorial but when you switch to managed you HAVE to have airodump open for the card to get switched back into monitoring mode. it will work and there is supposed to be an error when you try to set the essid.

also once you have done all of it you can reopen airodump without having to do all of the steps again so you can change the channel.

hope this helps. pst me if you need help.