Thread: Aireplay problem

Just burned his ISO

Default Aireplay problem

Below is my problem.
    firstly i get injection working. Then the next times i try use it it does not work, i was thinking of this as signal strength but when i use my actual password and connect i have a signal strength of 58% according to the is this to weak?

@-laptop:~$ sudo aireplay-ng -9 wifi0
    [sudo] password for bobby:
    18:53:16 Trying broadcast probe requests...
    18:53:16 Injection is working!
    18:53:17 Found 2 APs

18:53:17 Trying directed probe requests...
    18:53:17 - channel: 1 - 'belkin54g'
    18:53:23 Ping (min/avg/max): 0.102ms/0.102ms/0.102ms Power: 0.00
    18:53:23 1/30: 3%

18:53:23 - channel: 1 - ''
    18:53:29 0/30: 0%

@-laptop:~$ sudo aireplay-ng -9 wifi0
    18:53:39 Trying broadcast probe requests...
    18:53:41 No Answer...
    18:53:41 Found 2 APs

18:53:41 Trying directed probe requests...
    18:53:41 - channel: 1 - 'belkin54g'
    18:53:47 0/30: 0%

18:53:47 - channel: 1 - ''
    18:53:53 0/30: 0%

Are you associated to the AP? Check out the tutorials on the forum

I had similar problem. I solved it accidentally (just by doing random things). Here are my steps, if it helps:

1) Open a console & type
    Code:
    airodump-ng wifi0
    2) Open KWifiManager, it should show random frequencies/channels because with the above airodump command you've asked wifi0 to scan all the channels.

3) Stop airodump by pressing Ctrl+C, start it again with your desired channel like
    Code:
    airodump-ng -c 6 wifi0
    will fixed the channel at 6. KWifiManager will show you this.

4) Now stop airodump with Ctrl+C and start aireplay with usual command, injection should work this time.

5) If you like to test on a different channel, you have to fixed the channel again. Restart from step 3.

PS: There must be an easy way to do this, but I'm happy with this one.

Just burned his ISO

yeah airodump is set to the correct channel. no i am not associated to the ap and there were 2 clients that were. i tried including one of them using -h but to no avail.

Since i only originally get 3/30 or something which is really low it would tend to suggest im to close or far from the AP? but then when i do connect it shows 40-60% connection strength is this not enough?

Why (& where) are you using -h? I'm sure you've googled enough before you posted the question. Have you checked this one:
    http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=injection_test

Just burned his ISO

Sorry i wasn't using -h i was using -s and even without using this option i still have this problem.
    and yes i have looked and read the airocrack website. my question what sort of signal strength is generally required for good injection?

also MAC address filtering is also off

Quote Originally Posted by blindnz View Post
    Sorry i wasn't using -h i was using -s and even without using this option i still have this problem.
    and yes i have looked and read the airocrack website. my question what sort of signal strength is generally required for good injection?

How far away is your AP?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

yeah airodump is set to the correct channel. no i am not associated to the ap and there were 2 clients that were. i tried including one of them using -h but to no avail.

Since i only originally get 3/30 or something which is really low it would tend to suggest im to close or far from the AP? but then when i do connect it shows 40-60% connection strength is this not enough?

You are confusing two entirely different things now. The signal strength that you can derive from the airodump-ng output indicates how well you are able to hear the signal transmitted from the AP. For successful injection this is however not the only relevant number. Even though you are able to hear the AP just fine, it is quite possible that it is not able to pick up the signal transmitted by you and therefore not respond to the packets sent out.

This is a quite common scenario, especially when using weak internal cards that often do not come near the TX power that the wireless AP is sporting.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.