Thread: Persiatent Changes without addtional Partition?

Just burned his ISO

Default Persistent Changes without additional Partition?

Hi!

Is there a possibility to get the persitent changes working, without the need to an additional partitions?

I have a S10e with Boardcom 4315 :-( and all my 4 primary partitions are allready in use (XP, Boot, Swap, BT4).

Any idea?

cu,
    keule

Good friend of the forums

No there is not. well... just install bt4beta on one partition

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    Hi!

Is there a possibility to get the persitent changes working, without the need to an addtional partition?

I have a S10e with Boardcom 4315 :-( and all my 4 primary partitions are allready in use (XP, Boot, Swap, BT4).

Any idea?

cu,
    keule

If you didn't do a real install, why do you have a boot, BT4, and swap partition?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I have my backtrack on one partition with a boot folder, a bt4 folder, a bt3 folder and a persistent folder. in the persistent folder i have a changesbt4 folder and a changesbt3 folder and then in them i put a changes folder.
    for the appends line i have changes=/dev/sdax/persistent/changesbt4/ so bt4 can find the changes and it works well. I would imagine you can put the changes about anywhere as long as you point to where you have it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GDixon View Post
    I have my backtrack on one partition with a boot folder, a bt4 folder, a bt3 folder and a persistent folder. in the persistent folder i have a changesbt4 folder and a changesbt3 folder and then in them i put a changes folder.
    for the appends line i have changes=/dev/sdax/persistent/changesbt4/ so bt4 can find the changes and it works well. I would imagine you can put the changes about anywhere as long as you point to where you have it properly.
    I Love your solution.... could please elaborate on that???
    Like post your syslinux.cfg.....

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Kaos View Post
    I Love your solution.... could please elaborate on that???
    Like post your syslinux.cfg.....
    Why not just look in the "How to have bt3 and bt4 on the same drive" thread.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Keule,

Partition 1 = Primary {Boot}
    Partition 2 = Primary {Windows}
    Partition 3 = Primary {Swap}
    Partition 4 = Extended {Rest of free space}

Inside Extended:
    Logical 1 = /
    Logical 2 = /usr
    Logical 3 = /var
    Logical 4 = /home
    Logical 5 = /tmp

Quote Originally Posted by keule View Post
    Hi!

Is there a possibility to get the persitent changes working, without the need to an addtional partition?

Any idea?

cu,
    keule

Just burned his ISO

Take a look in the forum area Barry suggested, theres a few diffrent solutions to consider that are being added to and worked out.

Part of the simplistic beauty of using mem sticks is low cost and you can make all the mistakes you want playing around and trying different ways.

If you have questions there are a lot of good answers on the board