Thread: bugs and good things i have found in backtrack 4

Just burned his ISO

Default bugs and good things i have found in backtrack 4

i guess ill start off by syaing backtrack3 appears not to support one of my computers a hp dv 2000 so when i grabbed the Bt4 beta i that the 1st thing i went and saw if it would be supported under both my older toshba M35-359 laptop (which runs Bt3 perfectly )

1st thing i notced when i booted into the hp with backtrack4 on my usb stick is that it reconigezed the keyboard! That was something backtrack 3 wasnt doing so i was pleased at that.

Looked like boot was o.k i did notice ny broadcom wifi card was not turning on not surpised only ubuntu includes the propertary driver id have to get ndiswrapper for that card which is BCM4310. i tried to mount an external usb HDD and a SD card. i got the same error for both cards even after BT4 was on the toshiba

i dont recall the error perfectly : hal mtab no lock established. if i try a manual mount nothing happens. theres also a breaking glass sound. both drives were visible under fdisk and i didnt find a fix.

also BT4 appears to missing some drivers or something becuase it diddnt reconige my old ipw2100 wifi card. (thats on the toshiba.) all it saw was local loopback.

Just burned his ISO

also BT4 appears to missing some drivers or something becuase it diddnt reconige my old ipw2100 wifi card. (thats on the toshiba.) all it saw was local loopback.
    Probably because networking is not started automatically in BT4... I'm sure your card works, you just have to bring it up either manually or via init.d. Some caveats can be found here:

http://backtrack4.blogspot.com/2009/...o-release.html

--windexh8er

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Arumator View Post
    i tried to mount an external usb HDD and a SD card. i got the same error for both cards even after BT4 was on the toshiba

i dont recall the error perfectly : hal mtab no lock established. if i try a manual mount nothing happens. theres also a breaking glass sound. both drives were visible under fdisk and i didnt find a fix.
    The cannot lock media/.hal-mtab" .while try to access the device is a known bug. See http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/Bugs for the solution.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss