Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT4 for BETA OR ALPHA

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4 for BETA OR ALPHA

Well guys I know you probably put it 150% in this one just like the way you put it -150% in the IRC --- {yes I have issues}

Pros
    ====
    1. The network-manger thing wow now my BT can connect at capabilities smiler to microshity windows - GREAT
    2. Mortal Kombat sounds he he he he he he - OKAY
    3. FVWM Crystal ahhhhh well it looks nice - OKAY
    4. Early release... well i think you guys got too much pressure from the community... ah it happens BT is lick the best thing after sliced bread... (Its an african kinda thing don't roll your eyes)

Cons
    ====
    1. I feel sorry for Noobs... ay hold on I am still a noob... the rest that is coz if you have not been tinkering with linux before and just bumbed into it becuase of the privileges of BT . I suggest you stick to BT3 and the spoonfeeds

2. Ahhhh guys... the least you could have done it with KDE4.1 yah I know you are not into cosmetics.... but that is what BT4 is just cosmetics. If you disagree please bit my ear I am listen. OKay I don't like KDE4.1 coz its just too heavy for me but...

3. What is new in BT4

4. Have you guys been threatened by the techno-bureaucrats is someone suing you.

Constitution
    ============

Well I just want BT4-Final to keep its name... I am I love with BT... hey I never liked the Slackware distro but BT made me fall in love and I throw ubantu & debs out the window. and now... Guys lets pull Oh socks please... Yah about the IRC.... You guys can be mean... but hey... its your show I am are just a noobs

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon0di0bonaparte View Post
    Well guys I know you probably put it 150% in this one just like the way you put it -150% in the IRC --- {yes I have issues}

Pros
    ====
    1. The network-manger thing wow now my BT can connect at capabilities smiler to microshity windows - GREAT
    2. Mortal Kombat sounds he he he he he he - OKAY
    3. FVWM Crystal ahhhhh well it looks nice - OKAY
    4. Early release... well i think you guys got too much pressure from the community... ah it happens BT is lick the best thing after sliced bread... (Its an african kinda thing don't roll your eyes)

Cons
    ====
    1. I feel sorry for Noobs... ay hold on I am still a noob... the rest that is coz if you have not been tinkering with linux before and just bumbed into it becuase of the privileges of BT . I suggest you stick to BT3 and the spoonfeeds

2. Ahhhh guys... the least you could have done it with KDE4.1 yah I know you are not into cosmetics.... but that is what BT4 is just cosmetics. If you disagree please bit my ear I am listen. OKay I don't like KDE4.1 coz its just too heavy for me but...

3. What is new in BT4

4. Have you guys been threatened by the techno-bureaucrats is someone suing you.

Constitution
    ============

Well I just want BT4-Final to keep its name... I am I love with BT... hey I never liked the Slackware distro but BT made me fall in love and I throw ubantu & debs out the window. and now... Guys lets pull Oh socks please... Yah about the IRC.... You guys can be mean... but hey... its your show I am are just a noobs
    I don't know what to say about this..... I'm backing away before my temper gets the better of me.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

napoleon0di0bonaparte I am sure you don't know the meaning of beta,alpha,RC,pre-release terms.so better not to use it and if you have that much problem with BT.stick with another distro and as told 1000 times.BT is not developed for n00bs.

Cons
    ====
    People shouldn't be using Backtrack to learn linux, there are much easier ways. This is a pentesting distro for people who have the need for it. If you find the beta too complicated, go back to the stable.

Once again, this is a professional pentesting distro, its main goal isn't to be pretty.

3. What is new in BT4
    I don't mean to offend you, but if you don't understand whats different, then you really have no need for the beta.

The developers are doing this at their own cost, this is all free to you. Try and appreciate the work being done.

This got to be a troll or something, if not, the OP should not be using BT.
    "In God we trust. All others, we virus scan." --Unknown Person

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

What I find amazing about the whole process is that the Dev's maintain a blog which has given all of the relevant reasons for including this and not including that. The problem is that there are to many morons who apparently can't take the time to read and understand.

Quoted from Muts (BT Dev) In regards to missing tools:
    We consider the Beta to be very stable and usable. A few tools were kept back from this version, and will be soon added to the repositories.
    Its a beta release so get over it. If you want more tools add them in yourself.

Quoted from Muts in regards to KDE:
    KDE 3 is being used in BT4. We tried KDE 4, really, we did. It sucked. Maybe 4.2 in BT4 final.
    A desktop environment doesn't really stop you from using command line tools does it?

Quote from Muts in regards to the distro switch:

The reasoning is simple.
    Last year the Defcon people were tracking User Agents on their network, and I was astounded by the massive use of BackTrack throughout the con. What many didn't know is that everyone running BackTrack was potentially vulnerable due to a flaw in wget which was discovered a few weeks earlier.
    Nothing better than a professional using outdated vulnerable software to check for vulnerable software. That's like a doctor using a stone axe to open your chest to preform heart surgery.

Again as others have stated if you don't like the distro then don't use it.
    The great thing about linux and open source software is that you can roll your own.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

BT4 beta is sexy!!

I think it is much easier to use for noobs and rookies since you can install 99% of the missing tools with apt-get. If you have difficulties with that go back and play in your sandbox outside....

The devs took the right decision and they have all my respect and support.
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii67 View Post
    BT4 beta is sexy!!

I think it is much easier to use for noobs and rookies since you can install 99% of the missing tools with apt-get. If you have difficulties with that go back and play in your sandbox outside....

The devs took the right decision and they have all my respect and support.
    Your are correct hawaii67, one would think that people would see the ease with which applications can be added within bt4 as a bonus.
    I know some of us recognize it and appreciate it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Sorry but I think if you can't figure out the small issues BT has and you don't know anything about linux, BT isn't definately the thing to use for you.

It is not an OS which will make you become a l33t hax0r with all it's automated tools.
    If people don't even know what to do if for example an error states "no space left on device" I am wondering how they want to deal with more serious issues.

I am not disrepecting noobs nor making fun of them. Just the ones who think they will become hackers or pentesters by just using the distro and not knowing anything about Linux.

No not me nor anyone else knows everything and we are all constantly learning. But if you are missing even the most basic stuff, you have no business in using BT.

As mentioned before start to learn about Linux, build your own Linux from scratch in order to learn more about it, learn about networking, the protocols and so on, then start to get into BT. Else it is like putting a kid into a toy shop and expect them to learn about financial stuff.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Developer

I'm with you guys, I'm completely astounded at over half of the backtrack communities comments in regards to the beta. I just cant believe that our community acts like a bunch of windows using spoiled brats. OH well! Backtrack is moving forward and you can either quit bitching and contribute or get off the F**king bus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast