Thread: installing OpenVAS

Default installing OpenVAS

Hey,

include the following source into your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http : / / apt[dot]intevation[dot]de/ lenny openvas

This repository is not maintained from the BT team! If it breaks your system help yourself!

Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openvas-server openvas-plugins openvas-client libopenvasnasl1 libopenvas1 gpgsm
    basic configuration:
    Code:
    openvas-adduser
    openvas-mkcert
    openvas-nvt-sync
    edit your configuration file "/etc/openvas/openvasd.conf" and change the nasl_no_signature_check option to the following:
    Code:
    nasl_no_signature_check = yes
    now you can start the vulnerability scanner (openvasd)

m-1-k-3

Thanks man,

Was just going through the pdf document provided on their site in hope to get something for installation.
    But you made it before I could read that

Developer

As far as I know thats a old version of openvas. We are currently getting the new one together for the backtrack repository.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    As far as I know thats a old version of openvas. We are currently getting the new one together for the backtrack repository.
    define old

Code:
    dpkg -l | grep openvas
    ii  libopenvas1                               2.0.0-1v2                               OpenVAS shared libraries
    ii  libopenvasnasl1                           2.0.0-1v2                               OpenVAS shared libraries
    ii  openvas-client                            2.0.1-1                                 Remote network security auditor, the client
    ii  openvas-plugins                           1.0.5-1v2                               OpenVAS vulnerability tests
    ii  openvas-server                            2.0.0-1v2                               Remote network security auditor, the server
    the newest is 2.0.1

m-1-k-3

Developer

OH, I didn't see you added a repo to your source list to get that. I thought you were using the main repo. When you do that please be sure to include a disclaimer that we will not support that package here and if it breaks their sh*t its not our fault or backtracks fault.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    OH, I didn't see you added a repo to your source list to get that. I thought you were using the main repo. When you do that please be sure to include a disclaimer that we will not support that package here and if it breaks their sh*t its not our fault or backtracks fault.
    so now it's clear