Thread: Intel 4965agn!

Lightbulb Intel 4965agn!

Hi

I installed Backtrack 3 under Virtual Box and I configured Virtual Box so I can have full control of my laptop 4965AGN integrated wireless card. Hope I have done it correctly. I need to ask a few questions and maybe someone of you can kindly answer them to me. Only with asking I can find the right path for solving my issues.

Btw I am using Virtual Box the newest version available and Backtrack kernel version is 2.6.21.5 !

QUESTIONS

Q1: Can I have full control of my laptop wireless integrated card in Backtrack 3 under Virtual Box?

Q2: Do I need to totally disable the wireless card in my host machine and then enable it on the guest virtual machine (Backtrack 3) using the
    Code:
    modprobe iwl4965
    command under terminal window?

Q3: Can I use my wired ethernet connection for my host machine and the integrated wireless card for guest virtual machine both together at the same time connected to the internet?

If these questions will be answered to me only then I can go a step forward with my plan. My plan is to get familiar with some of the tools and then penetrate my network which will also help me with my uni project!

Thank you very much !

Good friend of the forums

vmware will disable it for you, no worries

You can only use certain USB wireless cards with VM's. Your integrated card is not going to work in virtual box. Also, your wireless card does not work without several tweaks under backtrack 3.

Yes I thought about it that the specific card I have wouldn't work in backtrack 3 without modifying some iwl4965 drivers.

But anyway the only thing I wanted really to know was whether integrated cards work under Virtual Box.....but again I think I asked that once again in another thread....bloody why I am asking the same questions again.

Anyway thanks for your help. I much appreciate it!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ioannou.alexandros View Post
    But anyway the only thing I wanted really to know was whether integrated cards work under Virtual Box.....but again I think I asked that once again in another thread....bloody why I am asking the same questions again.
    Yes that is what I am wondering, how many threads you are going to make about getting your card/s to work with BT?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I have so many cards and I don't know which one is better to use. What basically I try to do is to get all cards to work. I have also one ALFA 500mW rtl8187l usb card which I have tested yesterday and it worked like out of the box under Virtual Box in Backtrack 3. Finally I got it's full control and already cracked my router WEP key. Anyway everything looks fine until now and I really need to learn about other more interesting things in Backtrack.

Concerning iwl4965 wireless card I need to read some more tutos that will help me to get it to work under Backtrack 4 this time. I had read somewhere in another thread that this card works fine with Backtrack 4. I don't know if I am correct.

For more info regarding this card.
    Click here

Thanks secure_it I will probably look at it carefully tomorrow!

Thank you very much!