Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WirelessCards with rt2870/2860 chipsets

Just burned his ISO

I have had complete proven success with this driver on a Hawking hwun2 device and thank you! It works for me on both BT4 and nubuntu with the 2.6.27 kernel all the way from monitor to injection and I can't recall having the channel issues. I am getting a segmentation fault when trying to bring the device out of monitor mode. Any ideas? I am doing some research on my own and if you need more details just let me know.

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

I just noticed, that the guys at ralink put a new version of this driver online (2.1.1.0), since they did this just a few days ago (april 2009), did anyone test these new drivers if the can correctly inject?

However, I read some complains that the old driver did not correctly switch the channesl, I can confirm this but I discovered an easy workaround for this. On my system the channel was carrectly set, if I simply set the channel twice. Hope the new driver doesn't have this issue any longer.

Sorry, that I can't test the new driver on my own, because I replaced the wirelesscard in my eee 1000h. But since the 2860-card is 802.11-n capable, I might switch back.

regards

Just burned his ISO

Default a

hy
    i have a sweex lw313 www,sweex,com/lw313 with ralink 2770 chipset,....
    now the problem i saw is that the ralink driver for linux or windows ralinktech,com does not incluse sweex support

anyone know what i can do?

thx

Just burned his ISO

Default ralink RL2870

hy apocolipse269, thnks for the support on this driver.

In BT4 Beta tit works flawless, you dont even need to set your channel in airmon.
    In Bt3 Final it doesnt works.

if you follow Xploitz Video Tut , it works flawless on Wep 64 / 128

now i gonna try on WPA / WP2

Thnk apocolipse269 !!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by apocolipse269 View Post
    Thanks hope you guys like the driver
    (oh and a side note, shoudl work for rt2860 as well)

Okay, so I'm wondering how you've been able to make this work with the RT2860 chipset. The trouble is the archive you have is for the 2870. While I can compile it on my ASUS 1000HE, when you try to modprobe the driver in there, it doesn't detect the card. I'm sure it is because it has a device ID for the 2870.

I did review the Makefile and saw there is a switch to go between the 2860 and 2870. Chanageing that switch breaks the compile process however, because then it looks for a 2860.bin file.

Thoughts? Im dying to get this Asus 1000HE with the RT2860 card working properly with injection.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Hi,

I just noticed, that the guys at ralink put a new version of this driver online (2.1.1.0), since they did this just a few days ago (april 2009), did anyone test these new drivers if the can correctly inject?
    I can confirm that the 2.1.1.0 drivers from RALINK do NOT inject correctly. So sad ... I hope I can beg/plea with Apocolypse to help patch a set for the RT2860 chipset, because the set for the 2870 does not recognize the 2860.

Just burned his ISO

WirelessCards with rt2870...

well this is my firt poste so i will be the most clear posible

i have a rt2870 ( linksys wusb6oon ) and i found some trouble installing drivers, and getting an ip from dhcp ! but i solved!!!!

here is to get our own forget wep key

1. download the nemesis drivers...

you may download the nemesis driver at the aircrack site

2. install it

well this is the hard job, to install it many of linux kernels will not accept that drivers so i will recomend u 1 thing.. forget bactrack, use wifislax 3.1 ( free linux cd live ), coz they have an old kernel :S ; then u can monitor an inject traffic just as me

once you have the drivers goto to console ( supose u have wifi slax)
    cd driverdirectory
    make
    make install
    modprobe rt2870 raX
    ifconfig raX up
    airmon-ng start raX
    And use airoscript it gonna help u ( trust me )

Now u are ready to recover ur own wifi wep key in about 3 minutes
    u an inject about ( consider that i had -85 of signal) 500pps

***you may need aircrack-ptw to speed up process,
    it can recover a key whit 30,000 IVS***

this driver is tested for me and inject traffic whit

Wifislax 3.1
    wifiway 1.0 beta 2
    slax kill bill edition ( installed on hd coz some problems as root)
    slax 6.0.1 -- as u can see only old linux can inject;
    -- i am preparing a video will be post soon

ooo i almost forgot

the new distribution of ubuntu 9.04

have preinstalled drivers for chipset rt2870
    so thats will be the perfect solution ( i uninstalled ubuntu coz have trouble Avec Wine )

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Hpegar View Post
    WirelessCards with rt2870...

well this is my firt poste so i will be the most clear posible

i have a rt2870 ( linksys wusb6oon ) and i found some trouble installing drivers, and getting an ip from dhcp ! but i solved!!!!

here is to get our own forget wep key

1. download the nemesis drivers...

you may download the nemesis driver at the aircrack site

2. install it

well this is the hard job, to install it many of linux kernels will not accept that drivers so i will recomend u 1 thing.. forget bactrack, use wifislax 3.1 ( free linux cd live ), coz they have an old kernel :S ; then u can monitor an inject traffic just as me

once you have the drivers goto to console ( supose u have wifi slax)
    cd driverdirectory
    make
    make install
    modprobe rt2870 raX
    ifconfig raX up
    airmon-ng start raX
    And use airoscript it gonna help u ( trust me )

Now u are ready to recover ur own wifi wep key in about 3 minutes
    u an inject about ( consider that i had -85 of signal) 500pps

***you may need aircrack-ptw to speed up process,
    it can recover a key whit 30,000 IVS***

this driver is tested for me and inject traffic whit

Wifislax 3.1
    wifiway 1.0 beta 2
    slax kill bill edition ( installed on hd coz some problems as root)
    slax 6.0.1 -- as u can see only old linux can inject;
    -- i am preparing a video will be post soon

ooo i almost forgot

the new distribution of ubuntu 9.04

have preinstalled drivers for chipset rt2870
    so thats will be the perfect solution ( i uninstalled ubuntu coz have trouble Avec Wine )
    Hpegar I'm new to the whole linux, and been trying to set up my system with a Belkin F6D4050 with a rt2870 chipboard.

I have had some success but every time I type in the command modprobe rt2870 raX, I keep getting an error on the lines "FATAL Device not detected".
    I have tryed unpluging and pluging the adaptor, and start again but with no luck.

Could you give me some pointers or advise on the mistake I'm making?

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Thanx apocalipse

well it was impossible for me to get your last driver working correctly with BT4 but i was able too using wifislax 3.01 its Spanish so im brushing up :P i modified your driver well the rt2870.h file to be exact and added my device id 1737:0070 linksys and blammo im cracking injection 100% it is so mutch faster the previous attempts
    will compile on bt4 i can monitor ... i think it looks messed up tho it looks like it is injecting but i see nothing in airodump and the -3 attack never gets an arp ever!
    and the channels are messed up but you already knew that :P
    but you put me on the right track and im good now! thank you so mutch please keep up the good work!!!!!!!!your a genius XD

well your still a genius but i verifyed and its the nemisis driver i moded to work with wifislax sorry your's kinda worx for my WUSB100 1737:0070 linksys with BT4 but its very buggy some times i have to do a reboot my terminals dont resopond anymore but dont give up your on the right track thanx again tho

love a total nooblet

ahh sorry about being away, my notebook's been out of commission for about 2 months now, and on top of that my HWUN2 stopped functioning (the one with the rt2870 chipset that i wrote the driver for :/ ).

However, in BT4 beta the one i posted should work for any rt2870 devices provided you have the proper device ID added. All the nemesis driver is a modified Hirte driver to work with linksys devices, my driver is a modified hirte to compile on the 2.6.27+ kernels where the kernel structuring was different causing older drivers to not compile properly. If you are using BT3final then the hirte driver modded with your device ID should be completly sufficient, however 2.6.27+ (could be 26 even) kernels need the new driver, i took code from the official ralink driver and put it into the hirte driver to make it compile successfully. Anyone who has gotten my driver to work please post your device type (and devID if possible ) thanks agian i'll be back for more questions! i really do appreciate the thanks, its the first code i've ever put out thats had people need it :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast