Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WirelessCards with rt2870/2860 chipsets

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default WirelessCards with rt2870/2860 chipsets

I have a nice usb wireless adapter "edimax ew-7711uan" with rt2870.... not supported

we need a kernel with more wireless drivers

Do note that this release is still in beta, the drivers can be obtained from the wiki under HCL:Wireless and in Linksys WUSB300N. If you compiled and inserted the driver and it doesn't return an interface, you need to add pci:id into the source, recompile/install and insert.

Just burned his ISO

yep i know its a beta.. and i try to compile the kernel...

is just a information about this nice usb wirels card as non working card in beta with original kernel

i found in google a rt2870sta.lzm module but cannot download... need to register in a chineseforum to download

Hi Mrtank. The rt2870 drivers come in 2 flavors.
    1. Hirte/Nemesis (same driver, origionally modded by hirte for injection, nemesis for linksys device compatibility) made for kernel version 2.6.25 (works for 2.6.20 -> 2.6.26? will not compile in kernel verision 2.6.27 and later kernel versions

2. Ralink rt2870sta 1.4.0.0 driver (does not support injection, works for latest kernels, including bt4beta)

I'll have your third solution soon, I've modified the hirte/nemesis driver to work with the latest 2.6.27+ kernels (ubuntu 8.10 - 2.6.27, bt4beta - 2.6.28) and got it working suprisingly to my success. Havin some problems in ubuntu but i havent had any on my bt4beta usb persistant changes. will post driver as soon as i can for testing

EDIT: oh and hatake kakashi, the HCL on the wiki for the rt2870 only applies to bt3, and infact not even bt3 if someone's upgraded the kernel past 2.6.26

Just burned his ISO

ok sounds good.. tnx

i hate new kernels

Just burned his ISO

Is rt2870 same chipset as rt2860 ? I have a rt2860 and im looking for a Wifi USB Dongle, but when that works, i would not need one ^^

apocolipse269: would you like to have the pleasure of noting down the steps on the wiki for bt4b users?

Ok, I've uploaded this to a (shitty at best) file hosting hopefully anyone who needs can get it. (if you guys could host it on the Wiki HCL i'd be happier haha )
    hxxp:// www DOT filefactory.com/file/af31fg2/n/rt2870-2_6_28-apocolipse_tar_gz

The steps for getting it running are simple. BT4 comes with kernel.lzm (sources) already so extract with your prefered extraction method

navigate to the folder rt2870-2.6.28-apocolipse in terminal
    then simply
    Code:
    make && make install
    after that do a
    Code:
    modprobe rt2870sta
    if you'd like to keep it on a persistant changes install and have it load on startup simply edit your /etc/modules.conf (or w/e it is in bt4 someone correct me if i'm wrong)

your card should come up in ifconfig and iwconfig as ra0

KNOWN ISSUES!!!
    Driver currently has some channel problems. I'm not positive on all of the situations however it can be annoying.
    example
    Code:
    airmon-ng -c 6 ra0
    will not show any bssids on channel 6, instead to see bssids broadcasting on channel 6 you must do
    Code:
    airmon-ng -c 10 ra0
    Look on channel 10, this can be a problem due to the fact that aireplay-ng will not do a fakeauth unless the card is on the correct channel. anyone using my driver please feel free to give me any information or situations around having any errors like this, i've only encountered it on ch 6/10 but if any others let me know (dont have too many essids around me to test :P )

Thanks hope you guys like the driver
    (oh and a side note, shoudl work for rt2860 as well)

EDIT: Mods please fix the link, woudlnt let me post links (again if you can host it elsewhere that'd be great too)

Just burned his ISO

I have had complete proven success with this driver on a Hawking hwun2 device and thank you! It works for me on both BT4 and nubuntu with the 2.6.27 kernel all the way from monitor to injection and I can't recall having the channel issues. I am getting a segmentation fault when trying to bring the device out of monitor mode. Any ideas? I am doing some research on my own and if you need more details just let me know.

Just burned his ISO

Default a

hy
    i have a sweex lw313 www,sweex,com/lw313 with ralink 2770 chipset,....
    now the problem i saw is that the ralink driver for linux or windows ralinktech,com does not incluse sweex support

anyone know what i can do?

thx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast