Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless ExpressCard adapters Compatibility thread

Just burned his ISO

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Cool. Have the prices of express cards come down? Last time I checked I could buy a halfway decent laptop for the same price.
    Is that in any way relevant with the thread?

The choice of whether or not to go buy an express card adapter? wrong thread mate.

This is done to help those out there to know the hardware before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by @tomX View Post
    Is that in any way relevant with the thread?

The choice of whether or not to go buy an express card adapter? wrong thread mate.

This is done to help those out there to know the hardware before buying.
    Sorry, don't want to buy one, it's a worthless format.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    @tomX, don't get all upset on me here. I merely wanted to point you to the fact that there is another post with tons of information in it already.
    Also another good source for info would be the URL=ht tp://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless/URL
    no worries mate, no offense taken and I hope I didn't offend you either with my reply.

I made this thread because I have gone through most known databases
    - I read the other threads on this forum which talk about adapter databases
    - including the one you are talking about, the HCL Wireless of backtrack.offensive-security.com, which has no data on expresscards

and they don't have much data or it's incomplete about expresscards.

I was hoping to here some news from:

For testing every piece of hardware.we need them before testing properly.some of users reports success with them and some not and in common its not possible to test all the latest hardwares & just based on assumption we don't upgrade Wiki.for Ubiquiti SRX PCI-E card I will say its good but having less power e.g. 300mW even having 5 dbi External Antenna.however its supported by BT3/4 as having Atheros chipset but not that much good in injection.

Just burned his ISO

Hi Guys N00B here!

I just want to offer an opinion.

My laptop is 3 years old now, and it came with an 34/54 ExpressCard slot. Many of the cards listed on the guide are still PCMCIA, and i cant believe companies like Belkin, Netgear & the rest of them still make new cards this way.
    I thought all new laptops had this new cardslot in them. Am i wrong?

Anyway, have you tried to google for 34/54EC wireless adapters, there are not a lot.

Does anyone have any information as to what does or does not work or available for that matter

Just burned his ISO

Hi guysn
    just to confirme that Belkin

Name of product: N1 Wireless ExpressCard
    Product reference number: F5D8071
    Manufacturer: Belkin
    Chipset: atheros (5416)
    I checked the windows drivers

Just burned his ISO

Just want to say/confirm that the DWA-643 works "out of the box" with BT3 final and BT4 Beta, Madwifi-ng drivers.

Monitor mode, packet injection, all good. The card says H/W#= A1 and F/W#= 1.00. Just in case they update the hardware or firmware, that might be of use.

I have but one problem with it, packet injection can be spotty. It will inject really well for about 30 seconds, then stop.... for about 5 seconds... then go again. It's not a really big deal, but worth noting.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rdump71 View Post
    Hi guysn
    just to confirme that Belkin

Name of product: N1 Wireless ExpressCard
    Product reference number: F5D8071
    Manufacturer: Belkin
    Chipset: atheros (5416)
    I checked the windows drivers
    What are you confirming?

(français?)

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AltF4Warrior View Post
    Just want to say/confirm that the DWA-643 works "out of the box" with BT3 final and BT4 Beta, Madwifi-ng drivers.

Monitor mode, packet injection, all good. The card says H/W#= A1 and F/W#= 1.00. Just in case they update the hardware or firmware, that might be of use.

I have but one problem with it, packet injection can be spotty. It will inject really well for about 30 seconds, then stop.... for about 5 seconds... then go again. It's not a really big deal, but worth noting.
    Thanks mate.

Its good to see there is some actual testing around the place ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12