Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: macbook cd rom

Question macbook cd rom

I was trying to eject a cd from my macbook, using eject command, but it says no device found, but it's seeing the cd under konquerer how do I fix this Also is there any programs that will allow me to burn cds that can be read by backtrack 3?

Good friend of the forums

k3b is used for burning files or images to cd's in linux, also you can try unmounting by telling it "umount /dev/hdc" or whatever your mountpoint is

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    k3b is used for burning files or images to cd's in linux, also you can try unmounting by telling it "umount /dev/hdc" or whatever your mountpoint is
    I'm sorry I think you misunderstood me. I need the burning program for my macbook, and how do I find the mount point for my cd drive?

Quote Originally Posted by kid protocol View Post
    I'm sorry I think you misunderstood me. I need the burning program for my macbook, and how do I find the mount point for my cd drive?
    You need a burning program for osX? It's build in, /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app

For the mount point, I think fdisk -l will tell you.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You need a burning program for osX? It's build in, /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app

For the mount point, I think fdisk -l will tell you.
    I heard of that when I googled, but it wont let me burn my rt73 driver or pdf files on a disk. I've read about a RockRidge ext that needs to be supported by the software, but this is new to me, or is there still a way with disk utility?

I heard of that when I googled, but it wont let me burn my rt73 driver or pdf files on a disk. I've read about a RockRidge ext that needs to be supported by the software, but this is new to me, or is there still a way with disk utility?
    If all you want is a data disk then just put in a blank cdr. A window should pop up asking what to do, tell it to open finder. It will then put a folder on your desktop. Throw whatever you want in that folder and when you're ready to burn the disk, drag it to the trash. The trash icon will change and ask if you want to burn the disk.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Ok I've made the data cd, but it says /dev/hda not mounted. I tried mounting by using commands mount /cdrom. That didn't work so I tried mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdrom /cdrom, and that didn't work. These are references from slackbook. I also tried mount /dev/hda, and the same thing. Any suggestions?

Ok I've made the data cd, but it says /dev/hda not mounted. I tried mounting by using commands mount /cdrom. That didn't work so I tried mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdrom /cdrom, and that didn't work. These are references from slackbook. I also tried mount /dev/hda, and the same thing. Any suggestions?
    dev/hda will be the hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    dev/hda will be the hard drive.
    LOL
    OH!!!
    I kind of figured that so what would be the proper command? Every thing I tried comes back no such file or directory.

Well sombitch!! When booted from the backtrack4 cd hda is the cdrom!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast