Thread: Mitnick says Obama's BlackBerry can be hacked

Default Mitnick says Obama's BlackBerry can be hacked

"It's a long shot, but it's possible. You'd probably need to be pretty sophisticated, but there's people out there who are." -- Kevin Mitnick.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492705,00.html

Just burned his ISO

Maybe whitehouse officials should use BT4 and its tools to check the security of the blackberry

I have a hunch they already do....
    QUOTE=cybrsnpr;118082]I think you have the right idea, but I also think you are really trying to kill a gnat with a small nuclear device!

Default Yes

Yes, it is possible even without an email address which has been mentioned as one opportunity.

The facility use a special encryption however and even a successful hack would yield little of consequence without a key.

The use of Personal Area Networks (PANs) and ubiquitous computing generally will lead to an increase in the use of devices not needing IP addresses and thus the potential for intrusion will increase.

I doubt that hacking the President's telephone would be any easier than any other NSA device.
    Lux sit

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    Yes, it is possible even without an email address which has been mentioned as one opportunity.

The facility use a special encryption however and even a successful hack would yield little of consequence without a key.

The use of Personal Area Networks (PANs) and ubiquitous computing generally will lead to an increase in the use of devices not needing IP addresses and thus the potential for intrusion will increase.

I doubt that hacking the President's telephone would be any easier than any other NSA device.
    Too bad the President's phone isn't a NSA device.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69